The Teachers That Made Me Into Me | Teen Ink

The Teachers That Made Me Into Me

By Rippey_Avenger SILVER, Jefferson, Iowa
Rippey_Avenger SILVER, Jefferson, Iowa

"I fell in love the way you fall asleep, slowly then all at once."-- John Green The Fault in Our Stars

I have had a lot of teachers through the years, and a select few of them have changed my life in a relatively big way. I will tell you of each of these teachers, and at the end I will tell you which one was my favorite, though it will probably be obvious.

I will start with one of the earlier ones, Mrs. Fish. She was one of my teachers in 4th and 5th grade, and she was a cool lady. I like her because she was fun, and she was nice. She taught me a lot of stuff about science and the such. She was really good at teaching, and she made it fun. I think she has diabetes, and she has had surgery on her leg a few times. She is a wonderful person, she likes to act in plays, and is pretty good at it.

Now this teacher is the reason why I'm good at math, and love it. His name is Mr. Brown and he is a cowboy. He was my math teacher in 5th grade, and he was my first math teacher that let me work ahead. That year I finished the math I was supposed to do early, and went on to the next years math. He married another teacher a few years ago, and she is also a good teacher though I have never had her. Mr. Brown is a nice person, and he helped me get into one of the things that I love. I still see him around sometimes, and he says hi and all that, and that's it.

Now I will go on to my math teacher the next year. He is Mr. Sheldon, he was my math teacher for 6th and 7th grade. He let me excel both years, though he did make me restart 6th grade math. He let me learn on my own more than from him, and I liked that. I am one of the few kids that could learn from his style of teaching though. In 7th grade I got half of the way through algebra 1 and in 8th grade I had to restart it, but it was a lot easier the second time.

I realize this is a lot of math, but my current math teacher is awesome. He is Mr. Smith, and he is teaching my geometry this year. He is a good teacher, he teaches in the normal style, but he gives us more freedoms in his class room. He allows cursing as he knows that the words will slip, and he thinks it makes for a more natural enviroment. He is a really cool guy, and I am learning a lot in his class. Though he doesn't let me work ahead, he does keep me busy enough as high school has a lot of home work.(by the way I'm in 9th grade, so I didn't have the best math teacher last year)

I will branch from math, my literature teacher in 7th grad was Mrs. Mcfarland. She was awesome, she would give us candy for being good. She taught me a lot of stuff that I still use today. She talked me into entering a poetry contest with a poem I had just thrown away. That poem was one of the best I have ever written, though it didn't win the contest. She would have us write a short story every so often in class. It was just a few paragraphs, but it inspired me to create one of my favorite characters ever: Purple Pig. I still write about that pig. She inspired me to become a writer, along with my grandma. If I hadn't had her as a teacher I wouldn't write. She is a nice lady, and she has quite a few kids, one of which is one of my friends. I see her every once in a while, and we get caught up everytime, and I can't wait till the next time I see her so I can tell her that I am writing more.

Now that's all of them that had a major impact on me that I can think of. My favorite by far is Mrs. Mcfarland. Without her I wouldn't be anything close to what I am now. She helped me a lot and I will never be able to thank her enough for the knowledge she gave me.

Your teachers help to shape who you are. I think we should all make sure to thank out teachers as they give us a lot.