Guns?? | Teen Ink

Guns??

Gun control is an issue discussed all over America... Should we have a limit as to how many guns we can own? Or even more limits of the amount of bullets we are able to buy at one time? What about more licenses and permits?

The nationwide concern involving guns mainly stems from school shootings. Even just recently there was a shooting in December 2013 in Colorado; a huge debate over gun control arose after the Sandy Hook massacre in December 2012.

My personal opinion on gun control in America is that honestly, I don't think it will do any good. The people who shoot children and adults are murderers and criminals. So what's going to stop these criminals from obtaining illegal firearms and/or breaking any law or regulation involving guns? The answer: it's not!

Gun control is a nationwide issue that needs to be resolved. It's not possible to regulate everybody, or to stop every bad person from doing awful things to other people. All we can do is try and prevent it, but first we have to take a step in the right direction. We need action, not talk.