The Wall by Pink Floyd | Teen Ink

The Wall by Pink Floyd

By Gabriel Graves BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado
Gabriel Graves BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado

The Wall is a studio album by the English rock group Pink Floyd. Roger Waters created the album on November 30, 1979. The Wall is considered to be a rock opera. The album The Wall by Pink Floyd portrays feelings of isolation and uniqueness. The Wall is a creative production that shows blending of melodies, calming rhythms ,and unique sound effects. Syd Barrett, David Gilmour, Nick Mason, Roger Waters, and Rick Wright are the five amazing and very talented musicians that are a part of Pink Floyd. The guitar, drums, bass, synthesizer, and keyboards are all the instruments that are used in this album. In this album there are a total of two CD tracks. On each CD there are 13 songs. The lyrics in the album are limited. Throughout the album there are several sound effects. These sound effects all have meaning towards where the meaning of each song is going. For example, in the song, Thin Ice, the vocals start with the sounds of a baby crying. It switches quickly to a harsher vocal informing the listener of the jeopardies of thin ice or the hardships of life. The baby crying can show the sadness that life can present. Other songs like Mother show how mothers are protective and build a wall to protect their children and watch over them in life, “Mama’s gonna keep baby cozy and warm ”. Pink Floyd is one of the most well known classic rock bands and their music is still performed through out the world today. I had the opportunity to see a lazer light show performed in downtown Denver with my father. I personally love to listen to their music. My favorite song by Pink Floyd is by far Another brick In the Wall, because everyone knows, “We don’t need no education”.

I wrote about Pink Floyd because I was influeced by their music when i saw them in a lazer light show.

Syd Barret was not in the band at the release of the wall. He hadn't been in the band since the first album, The Piper At The Gates of Dawn (legally), released 1967.