Perfection: Not found | Teen Ink

Perfection: Not found

By Vivi. SILVER, Karpenisi, Other
Vivi. SILVER, Karpenisi, Other

"Sometimes talking to yourself can be harder than talking to others.You might have to prove to your own person that you're wrong."

There have been quite plenty of times where I found myslef standing there,in front of my laptop looking at pictures of perfect persons.
Perfect eyes,lips,hair.Perfect bodies,and perfect clothes.
And then there's me,a normal -kind of boring- person,making to-do lists that could probably take up an entire life to complete.
Own a perfect body.
Own the best clothes.
Excel in math.
Excel in chemistry.
Excel in physics.
Excel in biology.
Go to a great university.
Have a perfect career.
Have perfect friends.
Have a perfect relationship.
Have a perfect family.
Have a perfect house.
Become super rich.
Travel to all best places around the world.
And there,at the end of the list,there might be hiding a “-Become happy.”.There MIGHT be.Because us,people,we tend to think that being perfect at everything is what will make us happy.
And it's me,and you as well.If you think about it,our entire life is based and lived in every way so that other people love us.And I wonder,all these persons who seem to be loved by others,are they perfect?
“Since everyone loves them they must be doing something right,or better said,they must be doing everything right.They probably are perfect and I'd better become like them so that others love me too.”That's what we usually think.
For me,what really matters is to love yourself,and know who you are.Because we were all born being perfect at something.Whether it is painting,or writing,or physics,or even listening to others or helping to ease one's pain.We were all born to be useful in this life,and we need each other.Nobody is perfect,even if some of them seem to be.Made of the same substances,we are all equal and if you've ever loved somebody – I bet you surely did- you already have the answer to the question above.People have flaws,but we still think that they are worth loving.
That's all.No magic diets,or spells to become rich.Or to-do lists that will just sit there looking at you and reminding you how unperfect your are.
It's about who you are,and if it's for a person to love you,they will,no matter what.