From the ancients to the moderns | Teen Ink

From the ancients to the moderns

By AngelGraham GOLD, Nashville, Tennessee
AngelGraham GOLD, Nashville, Tennessee

death is guaranteed and life is a given so quit living as if you have tomorrow.

The present seems to lack the full understanding that the comprehension of our past in still valuable information for our advancement. Religion has the same mentality. we all just go with the flow of what ever religion we was raised to be instead of making our religious choice idiosycatic. We just go and follow the teaching we were taught since a young age for some that is believing in a deity in a orthodox way and for some it may be not believing in a deity at all. Do we fully understand the history and evidence behind our religious beliefs? Do we ever learn to question our basics? Some may answer yes with a flamboyant tone. Many answer yes but truly never seek to answer the questions in truth. lets take for example, I grew up Christian therefor i was taught God created the earth and that Jesus was his son and all the basic christian teachings. It wasn't until recently that i question those beliefs in depth and truly found out what religion i want to be . The past is important to know either way. it determined how it developed to what it is now.... how people follow it. Also the past does repeat itself in due time