Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Label Me

By missxniss, East Meadow, NY

For years now, namebrands have become more and more popular - as well as expensive. In my high school, I see several students in the hallways with extremely high-priced clothing, jewelry, etc. I'll be honest, it disgusts me. Our parents/guardians have hard-working jobs and most of the things you get are coming from your parents/guardians salary. Is that fair? When you become their age, would you like it if your children spent YOUR money? Because that's how it is. Why do we need all these expensive things? Girls of all ages walk around in UGGS. At Mandee's or Target, they have boots EXACTLY like UGGS, but we choose not to buy them, because it doesn't say the namebrand stamped on the bottom/back of the boots. I'll admit, I bought my first pair of UGGS last year with my own money that I EARNED from babysitting; and I still wear them even though they have some wear-and-tear on them.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

5 comment(s)
N.M.W.I.T.
Your article speaks the truth. People today do care about clothing. I personally don't care what people say.
Jul. 05, 2014 at 8:57 PM • Report
SFeathery
Good points, but you come off as a bit bitter at some points. I mean, there are reasons why prices are rising, and generally speaking name brands are better quality. It’s not just about looks. While I certainly don’t condone buying name brands for the sake of the label, and while I know there are people who do so, the main reason why there is a market for famous brands just can’t be only because of peer pressure. They are, generally speaking, better. Honestly, 80% of my clothes come from Abercrombie, but that is only because I like to do all my shopping in one fell swoop, and Abercrombie things can be pretty cheap when they are on sale. And the reason why I like doing all my shopping at once is because I hate shopping!
Apr. 04, 2013 at 6:55 PM • Report
SuperiorMischief
Honestly,I disagree.People buy what pleases them ,and if their parents condone it--the,so be it.Also your point about how would I feel if my child spent my money.....isn't that part of a parent's jopb description -_-
Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:39 PM • Report
SuperiorMischief
LMAO!! I thought I was the only on confused
Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:40 PM • Report
iWriteForFood
I agree! While I don't usually buy my own clothes, I agree with what you are saying. I shop at American Eagle a lot, not for the brand, but because their clothes are really cute and comfortable!
Mar. 25, 2013 at 5:54 PM • Report
Close