Mr. Williamson | Teen Ink

Mr. Williamson

By Lane Grigg GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
Lane Grigg GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

History sucks! Every high school student hates history. Mr. Williamson realized that and decided he would take a different approach to teaching. Mr. W. would tell stories for most of the hour and we thought we weren’t learning anything. And, we were all fine with that. But, at the end of the hour, Mr. W. would relate his stories to history and would engrave the events in our heads. Mr. Williamson is like Kermit the Frog, because he always solves the problem at the end of the episode.

Ok, well, not all of Mr. Will’s stories related to history. One of his stories was from high school, where Mr. Will and his friends would line up at one end of the hallway and one kid would go to the other end and yell, “Miss Piggy is in trouble!” Then, Williamson and his friends would run flailing about like Muppets. This was one of my favorite stories he told. It helped me realize he was no different from us.

Mr. Williamson didn’t just make me laugh in the class room. He would also go out of his way to give a sarcastic good morning or hello. He would even go as far as changing my grade to a D on my report card to see my reaction the next day. He always kept me on my toes, and preparing me for whatever was thrown at me.
Mr. Will is one of Arrowheads’ best teachers. When you walk into his classroom, it no longer feels like school. He has prepared me for future academics and life’s obstacles. Mr. Williamson has changed my outlook on the world to something much more positive. He has done this by teaching me to lighten up and to learn from my mistakes.