Subscribe   Submit Work   Log In

The Smashing Pumpkins “Mellon Collie & The Infinite Sadness” This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

By Bapalapa2This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time., Brooklyn, NY

Take a trip through the human emotions with The Smashing Pumpkins. “Mellon Collie and The Infinite Sadness” will keep you spellbound, and with songs ranging from grandiose orchestra (“Tonight, Tonight”) to metal (“X.Y.U.”), all types of music fans will enjoy it.

Billy Corgan (vocalist, lyricist, guitarist, co-producer) weaves tales of insecurity, youth, and love on this two-disc set. The first disc, “Dawn To Dusk,” features angrier songs like the Pumpkins' biggest hit, “Bullet With Butterfly Wings.” The second disc focuses on more reflective songs. James Iha and Billy Corgan (guitar) fill the background while Jimmy Chamberlin (percussion) explores various styles, jumping from classical to modern. Corgan's distinctive, passionate vocals narrate the stories.

Page 1 of 2

Share this article:

Share on Facebook   Share on Google+   Share on Twitter

Join the discussion

1 comment(s)
I love this album!
Mar. 20, 2014 at 1:01 PM • Report