Mr.Freeburg | Teen Ink

Mr.Freeburg

By srh16 BRONZE, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
srh16 BRONZE, Pewaukee, Wisconsin

All my years of education have consisted of a repetitive routine: Receive a new teacher, learn a subject, pass the class, repeat. But to me, learning is more than just passing a class, its about being excited about the new information. Up until my senior year in high school, never, had I met a teacher who obtained this animated spirit that I have about learning. Everyday in Mr.Freeburg’s class is an adventure, there is never a dull moment. From the way he carries himself about the classroom to his willingness to educate the class, Mr.Freeburg is so passionate about AP English.

Everyday I come to school and listen to the lectures and take notes, but my heart isn’t always in it. But from the moment I walk into AP English I suddenly become a different person. I feel engaged and willing to learn. If I could stay in this class the whole day, I would! Mr.Freeburg never fails to make the class laugh with his infamous stories.
But most of all he is one of the most honest teachers I have ever had. Not only does he prepare us for the class, he prepares us for the future. Mr.Freeburg tells us about his life experiences and relates them to our lives today. The “Freeburg Money Back Guarantee” he calls it when he has words of wisdom to share with us. Although at times the advice can be comical, it is 100% true. The advice given ranges from which restaurant to eat at for the best spicy food to the importance of being who you are and not being someone you’re not just to fit it.

In my eyes being a good teacher isn’t all about just knowing the facts, its about preparing students for the future and connecting with them on a personal level. Its about making sure you apply what you are learning to the real world. But most of all, its about having a personality because let’s face it, there’s nothing better than having a teacher who can make you laugh.