Educator of the year | Teen Ink

Educator of the year

By George43 GOLD, Delafield, Wisconsin
George43 GOLD, Delafield, Wisconsin

Educator of the Year

Throughout grade school, I was never a fan of my foreign language class. I thought it was a waste of time, and I never had a desire to learn. That all changed once I got to high school. Mrs. Schueth showed me it was fun to learn a foreign language through games, class activities, and one on one teacher to student connections.

I remember freshman year walking into my German class and seeing Mrs. Schueth’s smiling at us. Her energetic mood and fun personality was contagious during class. She kept us alert and attentive for the entire 40 minute class. This was an impressive feat considering we were teenagers in a class that started at 7:20 am.

Not only does she keep us interested to learn the entire class, but also she made it her goal to have a personal connection with every student she had. Her passion in class and her drive to get to know us made her an amazing teacher. She knew our school schedule and our lives outside of the classroom.

When we encountered a tough subject in German, she would not continue until we all learned the topic of interest. Mrs. Schueth showed us different ways to learn and made them fun too. We played many vocab games and group games which helped the entire class participate. She helped me improve my study habits and wanted to help me improve. She truly cared about all of her students and wanted us all to succeed.

.

I have had Mrs. Schueth for four years now and she is my favorite teacher of all time. From my life a student I have never had a teacher care so much about her students. This is why I am nominating Mrs. Schueth for educator of the year.