Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Twilight This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

By Leah S., Peoria, AZ

“Twilight”– based on the first book in the best-selling series by Stephenie Meyer – is a faithful adaptation that will satiate the thirst of fans and simultaneously captivate new audiences.

The movie follows the story of Bella Swan (Kristen Stewart), a normal girl thrust into a secret supernatural world when she falls in love with her mysterious classmate, Edward Cullen (Robert Pattinson). He just happens to be a vampire.

Ditch your preconceived ­notions of vampires; this isn't a typical vampire tale. If you are looking for clichéd stereotypes with fangs, coffins, and stakes through the heart, this isn't the movie for you. Director Catherine Hardwicke and screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg stay true to Meyer's vision and create a film that ­exposes “Twilight” for what it essentially is: a story of the ­ultimate forbidden love.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

13 comment(s)
I hate the way they made Edward look really Robert Pattinson (yuck)
Mar. 05, 2015 at 9:28 PM • Report
This is awful. The vocabulary seems forced and out of context.
Sep. 08, 2015 at 12:04 AM • Report
It is a very well written review, but I'm not into the Twilight Saga. I have read the books, and they just aren't that good in my opinion. Great review, and I have a suggestion for you. Read or watch The Vampire Diaries, and that will change the way teens view vampires forever. It is still very convincing, and if I hadn't already read the books, I would've bought the whole saga. You will make a great critic some day. Keep up the great work.
Jan. 08, 2015 at 5:52 PM • Report
Wow.  I usually consider myself among the crowd of hipsters completely against Twilight, but you made me see the movie in a whole new way.  You made some really cool observations!
Jun. 24, 2014 at 3:04 PM • Report
I am not a Twilight fan, but you made me want to see the movies with this. Very, very well written! You know how to convince people. 5/5!
Sep. 05, 2013 at 6:46 PM • Report
This is the first review I've read on this website, and I've fallen in love with it. After reading this review I HAD to sign up to be apart of Teen Ink. This piece of writing is phenominal and I found myself smiling throughout. Well done!
Aug. 01, 2013 at 7:44 AM • Report
A very well-written review. You should be a critic! (-:
Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:07 PM • Report
You obivously not a vampire fan because theses arent real vampires. they are sparkly super humans that live forever. I mean these people dont even drink humans blood
Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:27 PM • Report
Although I'm not a big fan of Twilight either, the cool thing about Stephanie Meyers is that she completley revolutionized how we think of vampires.  I mean, vampires are an idea that belong to the public.  As the public changes the way they view vampires, so does the actual myth of vampires.  Don't get me wrong - the traditional Dracula style vampire will always remain relevant, but it might be moving to the background.
Jun. 24, 2014 at 3:08 PM • Report
I disagree i love these movies and ive read twilight 1-2-3-4-and-5 and seen all of em and personally this description is the best ever and ive never read somthing bout this so well writtin its amazing btw and mi OTP (one true pairing) is Edlla forever and fav movie is eclipse i lov ed it and love this soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much amazed by words words
Feb. 02, 2015 at 9:49 PM • Report