Subscribe   Submit Work   Log In

Twilight This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

By Leah S., Brooklyn, NY

“Twilight”– based on the first book in the best-selling series by Stephenie Meyer – is a faithful adaptation that will satiate the thirst of fans and simultaneously captivate new audiences.

The movie follows the story of Bella Swan (Kristen Stewart), a normal girl thrust into a secret supernatural world when she falls in love with her mysterious classmate, Edward Cullen (Robert Pattinson). He just happens to be a vampire.

Ditch your preconceived ­notions of vampires; this isn't a typical vampire tale. If you are looking for clichéd stereotypes with fangs, coffins, and stakes through the heart, this isn't the movie for you. Director Catherine Hardwicke and screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg stay true to Meyer's vision and create a film that ­exposes “Twilight” for what it essentially is: a story of the ­ultimate forbidden love.

Page 1 of 5

Share this article:

Share on Facebook   Share on Google+   Share on Twitter

Join the discussion

16 comment(s)
dpurdy
this was a good book
Mar. 23, 2016 at 1:11 PM • Report
jose
Do you mind if I use this as one of my homework assignments for school please
Dec. 14, 2015 at 2:40 PM • Report
Waseem
Money and happiness go side by side. Ask those who don't have money. U cannot have happiness if you don't have money. Money is need of life. If u are not happy there could be other reasons but not money is to be blamed. Happiness depend upon money and other factors too and out of those money is an essential part of happiness. But sure the greatest gift is health. I rate Health on top of every thing and then comes money.
Dec. 14, 2015 at 2:35 PM • Report
Ilovewolves
I hate the way they made Edward look really Robert Pattinson (yuck)
Mar. 05, 2015 at 9:28 PM • Report
RichHam64920
This is awful. The vocabulary seems forced and out of context.
Sep. 08, 2015 at 12:04 AM • Report
Thefanatasticagirlie101
It is a very well written review, but I'm not into the Twilight Saga. I have read the books, and they just aren't that good in my opinion. Great review, and I have a suggestion for you. Read or watch The Vampire Diaries, and that will change the way teens view vampires forever. It is still very convincing, and if I hadn't already read the books, I would've bought the whole saga. You will make a great critic some day. Keep up the great work.
Jan. 08, 2015 at 5:52 PM • Report
Angie_24
Wow.  I usually consider myself among the crowd of hipsters completely against Twilight, but you made me see the movie in a whole new way.  You made some really cool observations!
Jun. 24, 2014 at 3:04 PM • Report
Alabian
I am not a Twilight fan, but you made me want to see the movies with this. Very, very well written! You know how to convince people. 5/5!
Sep. 05, 2013 at 6:46 PM • Report
laurenevansok
This is the first review I've read on this website, and I've fallen in love with it. After reading this review I HAD to sign up to be apart of Teen Ink. This piece of writing is phenominal and I found myself smiling throughout. Well done!
Aug. 01, 2013 at 7:44 AM • Report
Dolly9471
A very well-written review. You should be a critic! (-:
Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:07 PM • Report
Close