Defiant; the reversed ending to Allegiant | Teen Ink

Defiant; the reversed ending to Allegiant

By HASHTAGhaley BRONZE, Faribault, Minnesota
HASHTAGhaley BRONZE, Faribault, Minnesota

"You could live a hundred life times and not deserve him, you know." ~Haymitch Abernathy

Tris

It’s all happening so fast, I can hardly make out what to do next. I’m not quite sure how it’s all going to work out, but it seems to be the only option at this point.

“Time to go,” seems to be all I can say.

“Tris, please be careful,” Tobais said

“I will, I mean it.”

He gave me a reassuring kiss that meant everything was going to be okay. His dark blue eyes still have their way of working me every time I look into them. Caleb was going to stop the death serum from ever reaching thoughs innocent people. Tobais will get Hana and Zeke before it’s too late for Uriah, but I’m not sure about Evelyn. I know he wants to regain trust from her again, but I’m not sure if it’s possible after everything he has been through. So, as he turned for the door, I watched until I couldn’t see him anymore.

“Let’s go Caleb. It’s Time.”
Peter

We get in the car; Tobais, Amar, George, Christina and I. As we set off, Amar tells us we only have one hour once we get there or he is leaving without us. I notice Tobais, my former initiation leader, tense as he says this.

Forty-five minutes go by and Christina announces she needs to go to the bathroom, now. The car stops, she gets out and is back in two minutes. About 5 minutes later the car starts to rattle and we come to a stop.

“We got two blown tires and only one spare, what do we do now?” Amar explained.

“I know where we can find a car. We’re about a mile and a half from the city. You guys should continue going that way and I’ll meet you later with a car,” Tobais said confidently.

“I’m going with Tobais.”

“Why exactly?” he said as though he was in charge of me.

“It’s a large city and you could use some extra help,” but what he doesn’t know is that I saw Christina slip a vile of serum in his pocket earlier, memory loss serum.

“Fine,” is all he says
Tobais

Peter and I make our way to where most rebels have been grouping together and look for Zeke. It only takes about five minutes to find him gathering guns for everyone.

“Zeke, you’ve got to come with us, where’s your mother, Hana?”

“Why, what’s going on?’’ He said kind of frantically.

“It’s Uriah, we don’t know if he is going to make it. I should have done a better job of looking after him, I’m so sorry.”

“Wait what happened, what’s wrong with Uriah?” Zeke said with careful eyes.

“He was too close to an explosion and the doctors are planning on removing his life support tomorrow. I’m so sorry.”

“I have to get Shauna,” he said “you get my mother and if I don’t make it back tell Uriah I love him.”

All I did was nod and turned to look for Hana. I find her by some people I recognized, “Hana, I need you to come with me, Zeke knows you’re with me and I’ll explain on the way”

We make our way for the door and I’m about to head for where my mother will be, but stop when I hear frantic screams. I turn around to see white smog coming for the Eurodite headquarters. “Run!”

Peter, Hana and I sprint down the road and come across an empty car and we all hop in, luckily the keys were in ignition. I start the car and pull away when I see Christina out of the corner of my eye and stop immediately. Christina, Amar and George get in and I drive as fast as I can.
Tris

As Caleb and I walk up to the door, the door that will lead us to stopping the death serum, someone behind us starts shooting and hits Caleb in the arm. It was David.

We run the way we came, leading us to a numerous amount of doors. We duck into one room, turn on the lights and find that we’re at the hospital, and this was Uriah’s room… Is he already gone? I can’t think about this now, I need to get Caleb to a doctor.

I peek outside the door and no one’s there. We run down the hall and right into a doctor and I quickly explain that he was shot in his left shoulder and needed immediately. The doctor took him away and when I turn around I see Uriah and Tobais talking, Uriah looks upset.

“Uriah, Tobais, what’s going on? Uriah what are you doing walking around?” I said

“I woke up around noon today, the doctor says I should be fine,” he said with a smile.

“That’s amazing! Tobais, where’s Zeke?”

“He… didn’t make it back to the car before the serum went off. He went back for Shauna, but we had to go,” Tobais explained with sadness fill in his eyes, “why did the serum go off?”

“When Caleb was walking in he was shot at, so we ran. I’m so sorry.”

“It’s okay, we’ll be fine.”
~~~~~~3 Months Later~~~~~~

“Tobais’’

“Yes dear,” he said as he pulled me in by the waste.

“I’m…I’m pregnant”

“Really? Are you sure? How do you-‘’ he said quickly, but I cut him off.

“Tobais, we’re having a baby.” I started to tear up, although I’m not sure why.

“What’s wrong? We’re going to be fine!”

“I’m just... so happy!” I said and he pulled me into a hug.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

“I’ve been thinking about what we should name him or her.”

“What names have you thought of?” he said questioningly.

“Well, I have been thinking that,” I took a long breath, “Zeke would be a good boy name.”

“Yes. I would love that.” Tobais said and I know that we will live a long and happy life with the person that we love.

I didn't like the original ending to Allegiant, by Veronica Roth, so i made my reversed ending to how I would have liked to it to end.

Ananya said...
on Nov. 28 2015 at 1:15 am
Avni u r my best friend and will always be .I always want to see you after u went .Take care .:)

Autymnb PLATINUM, Plymouth, Massachusetts

The past is the past, look forward , and don’t look back, just shine on- Autymn

We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves.-Dalai Lama

I love this ending better! I still have to read insurgent and see the movie divergent. I won't read allegiant or see allegiant part 2 when it comes out because I hate that she dies.