Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins | Teen Ink

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

By taylor2992 BRONZE, Hemet, California
taylor2992 BRONZE, Hemet, California

Anna and the French Kiss is a teenage romance-filled novel. The main character, Anna, is a pretty relatable American teenager with divorced parents, boy trouble, and a job at the local movie theater. She’s going to be starting her senior year next school year when her best-selling author of a father tells her he’s sending her to boarding school-in Paris, France. Despite hearing the news that she will be living in Paris, Anna is less than thrilled to be moving to Europe. However, once she is there she sees many of the amazing parts of Paris, and more importantly meets some extraordinary friends. Anna explores the great city of Paris with these friends, and along the way she begins to fall in love with a boy named St. Clair. How could she not in the city of love? The love they have is not a simple one, because other girlfriends and romantic interests back in the states complicate things between them. Still, reading about their love story is thrilling and suspenseful. By the end of the book, you feel as if you are in their world, and you wish to know more beyond when the pages end.