A Day of Fun | Teen Ink

A Day of Fun

By Michael Jariyaphruttipong BRONZE, Chiang Mai, Other
Michael Jariyaphruttipong BRONZE, Chiang Mai, Other

A few years ago, I went to an amusement park called Tripsdrill, Germany. That was the first time I’ve been to an amusement park in so many years. I went with my family and friends, a couple took us and translated everything for us. The first thing I remember is a big windmill and inside is a giant slide. I wanted to play on it but my dad said it was better to play it once or twice first and then come back later before we leave. We started walking towards the big rides; I tried to ignore the smell of cigarettes that was pretty much everywhere and focused on the big map we got showing all the awesome rides. I was ready to spend the day with my family.

As I looked at the map, something caught my attention right away. It was a huge water boat slide type thing. I made sure we rode that one no matter what, my dad promised we would. I believe that the first ride I got on was a racing game, or so it was meant to. There was a pedal that accelerates when you step on it, but it was an old ride and the buttons didn’t work anymore so everyone went the same speed which wasn’t very fast. I was very disappointed because I waited in line for a long time.

Later, we walked into a ride where you sit in a barrel and float on a river. The interesting part was that the line that I waited in was also a museum about the history of washing and ironing clothes in Europe. It had different kinds of irons and washing machine along with different equipment that were used. That wasn’t the only museum, there were little stations all over the park demonstrating cultural jobs and how things work. That’s the one thing that I really love about that place.

Later when we finally arrive at the water ride, I was very excited and couldn’t wait to get on. Once I did love it, until we start to go up the track. Higher and higher we go, that’s when I start to regret my choice. When I look back at it now it is kind of funny. It still gives me the giggles.

I spent a lot of time enjoying the scenery. Out in the distance was a huge vineyard, beautiful environments. The buildings surrounding us gave us a very good picture of what the country looks like. Nothing beats the smell of fresh air along with beautiful scenery. That was one of the best days during my visit in Germany. I will always remember that day, for it was the day it had lots of fun.