Friends for Life | Teen Ink

Friends for Life

By Madeline Le BRONZE, Atlanta, Georgia
Madeline Le BRONZE, Atlanta, Georgia

Throughout your life you will run into many obstacles both small and big. No matter how hard you try to ignore problems such as bullying they always resurface in your thoughts. These thoughts can cause you to wonder why you can’t ignore everything like how people say you can. For example, this is a gigantic obstacle that I have to deal with in school. All the things people have told me are somewhere in the back of my head that always come up in thoughts throughout the day and even in my dreams. This year, however has been better in a way because I talk to some of my friends who I can be totally honest to and not be afraid of getting judged. These friends aren’t just people who I talk to everyday but people who I can relate and laugh with. Although sometimes in life friends don’t always turn out the way you wished they would, there will always be a handful of people who you can always count on. These few important people are worth more than being popular because they can help guide you in the right direction and keep you in reality. The many obstacles that are thrown at you in life can be overcome with the help of supporting people.