4 Bases | Teen Ink

4 Bases

Softball is about catching the ball that couldn’t be caught. This is a game of nine players, four bases and one ball. It is a game once you step on to the dirt you battle until you have gave it your very best. Seventy-five minutes of blood, sweat and an occasional tear. Making diving catches and diving into bases are a softball player’s fashion.

The clink of the bat and the scrambling defense by my side. Making memorable double plays and hitting homeruns is a softball player’s kind of ball game. This game was made by man, but perfected by woman.

One of the saddest things’s for a softball player is when the season is over, or your team got disowned by your coach. When the season is over or your team is disowned a player’s life is over. When a coach said that you had the knowledge of being a ball player, my coach gave me the knowledge of being a leader of the game not the follower. This is a game of catching the ball that hasn’t been caught, and not being afraid to make a mistake.

Softball is not just a game it is a big part of my life, and knowing that hard work in since is the loudest noise, a game of sophisticated ball player waiting to fight no matter how many runs are on that scored board, giving 110% can bring a ball player’s heart a long way to make history for themselves.