Play 60 | Teen Ink

Play 60

By HoseSkater PLATINUM, Mercersburg, Pennsylvania
HoseSkater PLATINUM, Mercersburg, Pennsylvania

"You are not popular by the number of friends you have but, by the number of true friends you have." --Me

Dear Town of Mercersburg,

Have you ever heard of play 60? Well we all need to be active much longer than 60 minutes. An easy way to let many people be active for 60 or more minutes is, by building a skating rink. If you build a skating rink then you would also have a speed skating team. A speed skating team would bring in so many people who may not know about our town. People from New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, Ohio, and Enola, Pennsylvania. All which will come up for races in the morning, and leave at around lunch time so many of our restaurants will have many people from other states buy from them and eat there when they come back for the next meet. Also, at night we can have a public skate so that people who are not fast and don’t want to skate on a team can go have fun, make new friends, have parties, and just get out of the house. We have many people who travel from all around this area to go skating on Fridays, and Saturdays. Plus, people will not be so lazy on the weekends, because they would be at the skating rink, also they would be able to even get into skating enough to want to race on a team. Not many people skate anymore so I might not have a sport in a few years. I would not want to pay all of this money to start this sport and not have a racing league to race with anymore. The more people we can get to skate the more happy people in this world because, skating should be fun, skating all about having fun then many people should be able to experience the thrill of skating.

Play 60 is football program which tries to get kids to become very active. So, the goal of having a skating rink would be to get everyone very active. Purpose two, to let the community to experience something new. Three, to get people to meet more people in the community. All of these things are what our goals are. We all want to reach our goals.

Yes, we have a few parks in the area. However, when it gets cold we don’t want to play outside we want to be inside in the warmth. A skating rink is warm and can get really hot when a lot of people are skating. Skating is also, an excitement for people of all ages. Unlike a park, only smaller kids have fun because, the taller and older you get you lose interest and you get too tall.

People want the thrill of speed and fun together that is why people are on speed skating teams. Skating is more fun than any other sport I have played. This is because, there is really no right way to do something because everyone skates different. People of all ages skate. I know this because, our teams oldest skater is around forty-six and our youngest skaters are five years old.

Skating is for people of all ages. Skating is just for fun. However, there are speed skating teams. A skating rink would benefit everyone in the community because, they would get more active. Kids who might be homeschool would be able to meet new people. Skating would also bring joy to many people of all ages. People would be able to socialize with people they really don’t know, and anyone new to our community could go and meet the other people who are not new to our community. People who might live outside of our community might even show up to the skating rink. I know that the rink can pay for itself really fast. Skating is really popular because, people like to go and have parties, hang out together, have fun, and race. A skating rink would help out many people in the community become active.