Gas Prices | Teen Ink

Gas Prices

By Crishaun BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana
Crishaun BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana

Oil is at its lowest point since 1997 then it was in 2004 (Forbes). The price of gas can go up to four-dollars a gallon because of oil. People who pay for gas every day are losing more money than paying for groceries (USAToday).Gas prices should be lowered because of money problems. Government insists on raising the price. I think gas prices must decrease because people can’t afford gas.

Money is a big deal in America because most people today don’t have jobs because they don’t agree with the amount they get paid a week. Civilians think that the amount they get paid a week is not enough money for gas. If the amount of money civilians gets paid a week increases money and gas would not affect our economy.

The economy is being affected because of oil something we use for lawn mowers, snow machines, and chainsaws. If we had more oil would the government insist on lowering People today wonder why the gas prices go up. If people knew why would they try and help the situation? The real problem is crude oil. People may not know but there is a small percent of crude oil in gas. Crude oil or petroleum is very rare to find now because of the cars we are building now. An electric car does not need oil or gas because it runs off energy. If the government produces more crude oil then, gas prices would gradually decrease.

The government insists on raising the prices because of the situation with crude oil. The government believes that if the price is raised then they can have at least a good amount of crude oil for everyone in the U.S. and the world. If there is a small amount of crude oil they are going to raise the price of gas to $4 a gallon then civilians would only buy enough gas that would last a week. Streets will be cleared because of time and money.

Gas prices are the biggest issue now that the price is up to $3.09 (Ask).In 2007, gas prices were $2.49 per gallon. Oil has drop horribly since then because workers will not work because they think the amount they get paid a week isn’t enough is too low for gas. If the amount workers get paid a week increase then gas prices would decrease and oil with increase. If gas prices were lowered then it would not be such an issue.

I want people to know that i also want the price of gas to go down because I know I'm at a young age but when I get older I want a car but I dont want to spend a whole lot of money for gas.