Are they inncoent? | Teen Ink

Are they inncoent?

By trevor_webb1 BRONZE, Pleasant Plain, Ohio
trevor_webb1 BRONZE, Pleasant Plain, Ohio

The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure! -nike

Are They Innocent?
Have you ever gotten pictures that were inappropriate? If so, did you get in trouble? Did the person who sent them to you get in trouble? Well, there’s a few laws that get people who have the pictures in more trouble than the people who sent them, these pictures are going into the lives of children and they don’t need to see them. One of these laws is, “18 U.S.C. § 2252C Misleading words or digital images on the Internet”, “18 U.S.C. § 1470-Transfer of obscene material to minors”

There are also a few laws about obscene material. “ Child pornography is a form of child sexual exploitation. Federal law defines child pornography as any visual depiction of sexually explicit conduct involving a minor (persons under 18 years of age). Images of child pornography are also referred to as child sexual abuse images.” The laws saying that child pornagraphy is bad for the people who are receiving them not the people who are sending them.Doesn’t seem to talk about the person who sent the photo does it?
Well, I have witnessed people get in trouble but the person that sent them got in very little trouble. That kid got in 10 times more trouble. Kyle got it placed on his record but that girl got nothing on her record. Why is that ? Shouldn’t she get treated the same as the person who received them as she is the one who sent them. I don’t think that is fair!
I think the laws should be changed, but we can only change it if people vote yes. So if you want it to be changed vote yes!

i was involved in it