littering | Teen Ink

littering

By katherine figueroa BRONZE, Indianpoils, Indiana
katherine figueroa BRONZE, Indianpoils, Indiana

When I was little I used to think that littering didn’t hurt anyone or the earth but I was wrong. Over the years I have learned that littering does hurt, especially people with asthma. Trash does help the earth like the pill of an orange, apples, and other fruits it helps the earth because the pill has something in it which makes the grass grow and it decompose in the ground. When you litter you really don’t know where it’s going to end up in but it sure isn’t going to end up somewhere nice .Littering may be an easy way to dispose bottles, bags, and trash but it can be extremely harmful to the community around it.

People with asthma have trouble breathing and if we litter a lot they would not be able to breath and could end up having an asthma attack. One of my friends had an asthma attack and I didn’t know what to do so I called her mom and she went rushing for her inhaler I got really scared because I never knew she had asthma. Then she told me that when there is a lot of littering, smoke ,and many other things, that most people with asthma cant breathe, so that’s why she tries to stay in a healthy environment which is hard to get if we don’t stop littering. Littering affects people with asthma because the air gets dirty and they would not be able to breath. Not only does this affect people with asthma but also the economy.
If you take, a glance at our economy you will notice that it is getting dirtier and dirtier each year. In this case we should start trying to clean the streets, parks, and everywhere we see litter. One of the places I see more litter is at parks and that’s not good because there are little kids who are playing and could get sick because of all the trash. Trash has a lot of bacteria which carries many diseases, and could harm us. Even though most people think littering is bad there are also people who think littering is good.

Many people might say that littering doesn’t hurt anyone because it’s just trash, other people might say that there isn’t enough trash cans, and if a place is already dirty why would they bother to find a trash can. There are places that don’t have trash cans and some people think it gives them the right to litter, but they should at least try to find a trash can close by and throw it there. If a place is already dirty at least we should try to clean it up cause the more we litter in that certain spot we could end up getting rats, mice, and many other animals. Even though people might argue that its ok to litter it really isn’t and we should stop littering.

It’s easy to litter but it’s hard to clean it up. It is very hard not to litter because most people have trash in their car and throw it away in the street. I have wondered to myself if are economy is going to be clean like it was in the past. I believe that we could make changes in are economy if we try are best. Even though some littering isn’t bad we still shouldn’t litter, it might help but at the end we will have more problems. It’s easy to litter but it’s hard to clean it up.

(http://www.falkirk.gov.uk/services/corporate_neighbourhood/estates_management/litterzone/litter_strategy/litter_facts/why_do_people_litter.aspx)

(http://www.teenink.com/nonfiction/all/article/253504/Stop-Littering/)

I picked on doing my essay about littering because littering to me is very harmful not only to us humans but are economy.