Breakfast Served Anytime by Sarah Combs | Teen Ink

Breakfast Served Anytime by Sarah Combs

By AWriterOfWords DIAMOND, Hamburg, New Jersey
AWriterOfWords DIAMOND, Hamburg, New Jersey

The blue butterflies seem to be following her wherever she goes, but what does the sudden appearance mean? For Gloria, the butterflies appear as she leaves her hometown and departs for a summer at a prestigious “geek camp.” After losing her grandmother, Gloria vows to make the most out of her summer and live for her grandmother, who manages to influence her life in every aspect even after her departure. Not only at the camp, where she leaves her best friend behind, she begins to meet a peculiar assortment of people from “X” to the “Mad Hatter.” When Gloria’s heart is torn over one boy, she falls herself falling in love all over again but should she listen to her heart and fly back to her love or stay where she is? Only time could help Gloria in her summer dilemma over love as she progresses on her journey to find the “Secret s of the Hidden Word.”

Breakfast Served Anytime, by Sarah Combs, is a summertime novel that will warm anyone’s bones as imagining the beautiful scenery from Kentucky. Not only is this novel about finding yourself, it is also about growing up, which is the reality for most teenagers, which makes it relatable. I found that I could easily embrace Gloria’s words to feel part of her story.

In a way, it reminds me of the style of Sarah Dessen, so anyone that enjoys that style of writing will find themselves pleased with this book by Sarah Combs. Also, I would recommend this book to anyone who is going through a challenge in their life and trying to find themselves as a person in their journey towards adulthood. In my book , it definitely earns a 4.5/5 stars!