Redemption for the San Francisco 49ers | Teen Ink

Redemption for the San Francisco 49ers

By VivekPokala BRONZE, Cupertino, California
VivekPokala BRONZE, Cupertino, California

"All in or nothing."

The Seahawks-49ers rivalry is known to be one of the best rivalries in the history of the National Football League. There is absolutely nothing that can separate these two football powerhouses apart. Just recently, the Seahawks won their 1st ever Superbowl in Metlife Stadium against the Denver Broncos with a blowout victory. The 49ers,however, lost to the Seahawks in the NFC Championship, just shy of another trip to the Superbowl. As a 49ers fan, I am sanguine that the San Francisco 49ers will win the NFC West Division and the National Football Conference in the 2014-2015 season.

You many be wondering about the Seattle Seahawks. Well, their performance in this offseason wasn’t too great. Based on numerous reports, their star running back, Marshawn Lynch, is reportedly holding out of Mandatory Training Camp. I am positive that this will give way for backup running back, Robert Turbin, to earn the starting role in the backfield. However, I believe this will make the Seahawk’s running game much weaker as Robert Turbin is not as experienced as Marshawn Lynch. Adding more fuel to the fire, the Seahawks also lost a few other key players during the offseason.

The 9ers, however, have improved tremendously as a team during the offseason. Major headlines include the extention of Anquan Boldin the signing of Steve Johnson, and a blockbuster extention for Colin Kaepernick. The 49ers were always lacking depth in the wide receiver role, however, these 2 wide out signings will change the future for the offense of San Francisco.
The 2014 NFL Draft has also been a huge benefit to San Fran. San Francisco first acquired Jimmie Ward from Northern Illinois. I believe he is a great fit for this team because of his dual threat ability to play the cornerback and safety role. Carlos Hyde, the next pick, will be a huge plus for this running-ability team. The 49ers already lost Kendall Hunter, LaMichael James and will possibly lose Marcus Lattimore this season. I am predicting Carlos Hyde and Frank Gore will be the top 2 running backs for San Francisco.
CenturyLink Field is known to be the loudest stadium in the NFL because of all screaming and squawking fans. This may be true, however, the 49ers should truly disregard that fact and need to step up their game. All that background noise should never affect a person’s ability to succeed in life. People need to face their fears because it is the only way to defeat those fears. I believe San Francisco should apply this mindset and persevere.

The San Francisco 49ers lost to the Seattle Seahawks in the NFC Championship. Okay, does that matter? Well, I believe it doesn’t and here’s the reason. Even though San Francisco lost in that game, they will learn from what they did wrong and will prove to be better than Seattle in the 2014-2015 season. They will show the whole world that they can persevere and fight through evil. I’m guessing that the Brazilian National Soccer Team is doing the same team. Brazil will learn from their humiliating match against Germany and will continue to work forward. This is redemption. This is persistence.

People often think that they will never succeed in life after a large defeat or blowout. However, if you learn from your mistakes and improve as a person, you will succeed in life. I was inspired by the NFC Championship game between the 49ers and the Seahawks. Just because the 49ers lost does not mean they will lose in the future. I hope people will understand this concept from my article.

on Jul. 29 2014 at 9:26 pm

"All in or nothing."

Thank You!

on Jul. 29 2014 at 2:02 am
William James, Ananindeua, Other
You're awesome. Go 49ers!