Doesn't Matter Who You Are | Teen Ink

Doesn't Matter Who You Are

By violin BRONZE, Sugar Land, Texas
violin BRONZE, Sugar Land, Texas

Has anyone ever been discriminated before? Most people around the world would say,"Yes".  I remember how I was discriminated ever since I was in 4th grade. I was discriminated by my teachers because I was Asian. Okay, I'm not trying to be racist here, but my 4th grade teacher, Mrs. Sane, always favored the white kids. She was my 4th grade writing teacher. Whenever they got A's on their essays, she would praise them as if they were <strong>gold</strong>, and when they got in "trouble", she would just laugh it off.

When I first started writing, my grades weren't that impressive; mostly consisting of B's and C's. <em>But it was only my first time</em>, and I tried <strong>really</strong> hard to improve. When kids struggle, aren't the teachers are supposed to help out? NO, not this one. When I showed her my very 1st poem about dolphins, she just scowled at it and said, " What kind of work is this?! This is sooo DUMB!" And of course, I was deeply hurt. I cried soooo hard like a puppy trapped in a cage.

But, years have passed, and I'm now 14. My writing has certainly improved. I have been through a lot of tough discrimination times and learned to grow out of it. I just want to say that it doesn't matter what your race, religion, culture is, and it doesn't matter how smart or dumb you are. All that matters is that you are willing to stand up for what's right and believe in yourself no matter how bad other people think of you.