Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Romance in Reality

By Paolo C, Paramus, NJ

Romance is a literary created facet of love, that has been made essential by women searching for their perfect match, and even men who refer to themselves as desirable “Romantics”(such as my father). Romance however, has been made impossible to achieve thanks to Hollywood. With movies such as “The Notebook”, “The Titanic”, “Moulin Rouge”, and “Pearl Harbor”, how can any decent man begin to woo a woman without it being cliché and overplayed. For men like myself, who strive in pleasing the mental and emotional needs of women, it seems like every gesture of passion and sentiment go unnoticed because they do not quite meet the romantic standards of certain Hollywood films.

On a one-month anniversary, my then girlfriend and I went to New York City for a night out on the town.

Page 1 of 8

Share this article:

Share on Facebook   Share on Google+   Share on Twitter

Join the discussion

2 comment(s)
Rynn750
I like it :-) as a girl, I'm not very girly and when I did have a boyfriend, I was just glad that he did so much for me, because he truly was an amazing boyfriend. I'm sorry they didn't appreciate it. On another note, some people may get confused in your first paragraph when you say "Romance is a literary created facet of love," because at first I thought you were talking about the Romantic movement in English literature.
Nov. 28, 2015 at 2:28 PM • Report
AliMotamedi
to be honest with you, you haven't had the best luck with women. just give it some time. but then again who am i to tell you, i'm the guy who crushes over a girl in school then watches her from a distance for 2 terms untill she has boyfriend of her own. then again don't loose hope! ;]
May. 14, 2013 at 11:01 AM • Report
Close