Divorce | Teen Ink

Divorce

By misswinterandsnow PLATINUM, Frederickburg, Virginia
misswinterandsnow PLATINUM, Frederickburg, Virginia

"the only thing one man may do for the world is inspire others to change it.

Hi so usually I try to see things from both sides. But there is one thing I keep trying to wrap my head around and can’t

Divorce

Someone must know something because I don’t understand. Why after you spent half a million dollars on your wedding and have three kids together would you say that now is time to quit.

When you get divorce why do you act like children? Can you not see how you acting, bickering and whining, calling each other names, screaming when you don’t get you way.  All while you 5 year old son is sitting in the car praying to superman to come here and smack some sense into you because he knows superman better than his own dad.

So after a while I looked on the internet always a good idea to try and find and answer and I heard the most sexist thing that I have ever heard

Divorce is ok because it stop men from betting there wife and keeps children safe from their father.

Now if you do not understand what that means what this statement is saying is that all married men beat their wife and possible their children. Or that if there were not divorce men would beat their wife and that all divorces are women trying to run away for brutal men. There basic idea is that men are like a splitter you need to get out and if your kids cry that just a fraction of what they would be if that awful man had stayed with them.

NO! That is just sick and twisted and wrong

This is not like getting a splitter out you can’t say this is for the best. This is real psychology damage. Sticks and stones may break you bones but psychology wounds never heal and if anything they grow. They grow and grow until they are all consuming they don’t just end a life they make them wish that that life had never existed. You may think that this is just some over dramatic reenactment but I can tell you that your family IS a part of you. You NEED your family to survive as a healthy person. You can’t just rip apart someone’s family and except them to be ok. Nor can you say this person is your family only on weekend or in the summer or whatever crazy thing the court comes up with.

My father will always be a part of me. My mother will always be a part of me. My brother and sisters will always be a part of me.

This is not like pulling out a splitter this is like ripping of an arm.

And this court is ripping of arms when you need to trim you finger nails