Hit: A Novel by Lorie Ann Grover | Teen Ink

Hit: A Novel by Lorie Ann Grover

By AWriterOfWords DIAMOND, Hamburg, New Jersey
AWriterOfWords DIAMOND, Hamburg, New Jersey

Earning a full-ride to Mills College for Girls seems to be the best thing that has ever happened to Sarah… until her heart falls in love making her doubt her decision. When she first met Mr. Haddings, Sarah had no idea how much he would change her future, making her consider his school UW as a prospective school. Meanwhile her heart goes fond of him, using his poetry class to express her love for him, but he is not blind and knows her feelings. Everything changes when Mr. Haddings’s attention is not on the road or the girl in the crosswalk. Now both lives will be changed, but can it ever be the same between Sarah and Mr. Haddings?

Similar to the love relationship between Aria Montgomery and Ezra Fitz from Pretty Little Liars, Hit by Lorie Ann Grover is told through alternating first-person perspective between Sarah and Mr. Haddings. By hearing from the characters personally, the genuine feelings are reflected through their writings. I do not cry during books, but this was one of the three books that has ever made me cry. I highly recommend to anyone interested in the teacher-student relationship in Pretty Little Liars as Lorie Ann Grover offers a more in-depth exploration of the topic.