The Beatles – | Teen Ink

The Beatles – MAG

“The Beatles One” is by far the best Beatles ­album ever compiled. It was released in 2000 and includes all of the band's biggest pop rock hits from the U.K. and the U.S. Most of the songs were ­released during the '60s, and all but two were on top-ten lists. The album includes number-one hits like “We Can Work it Out” and “Day Tripper.”

The Beatles had many styles. One of the reasons this album is so popular is that it shows the evolution of their musical skill. Most of the songs at the beginning are basic three-chord rock tunes, such as “I Want to Hold Your Hand,” but as the CD progresses, The Beatles' musical talent flourishes. The listener can hear their talent peak with “Hey Jude.” Many instruments and beats make this one of their most popular songs. 

There are many reasons I love this album. One is that every time I listen, I get lost in the poetic lyrics. Also, no matter how often I hear the songs, they never get old. The only downside is that this album doesn't contain songs from the band's later career.

From the time The Beatles formed in 1960 to today, they have been one of the most popular and influential bands of all time. They were not just singers, they were composers. Many groups that did not write their own music, like the Monkees, didn't remain together long. “The Beatles One” is a culmination of the band's best songs and it deserves two thumbs up.

ElizabethCerone BRONZE, LAYTON, Utah

People have a right to your own opinion. So just deal with it guys.

I loves the Beattles! They totally rock!!!  

sasukra33 BRONZE, Bay Shore, New York

"Life isn't about how many breaths you take, but how many moments took your breath away..." Unknown

I love "Let It Be," I'm not sure which album it's one, but every time I hear it, it touches my soul.

SophieG. SILVER, St. Davids, Pennsylvania
I have this album! I love it!

on Oct. 28 2011 at 11:26 am
JadeGreen BRONZE, Cameron, Wisconsin

"Carpe Diem"
"O' Captain, My Captain"
"No one has ever made himself great by showing how small someone else is."

I love the Beatles. That is why I wrote my own ballad poem on John Lennon. I would love it if you guys checked it out and rated/commented on it. =)

on Oct. 12 2011 at 12:48 am
JairG_JazzTenor BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona

"Don't play whats there, play whats not there" -Miles Davis-

The Beatles are on my top favorite bands. I dont get how people can dislike them

Gagamonsta said...
on Oct. 10 2011 at 10:36 am
I Love The Beatles! Ringo Starr is my faveorite, i love his mustache! I love the songs Hey Jude, Here comes the sun, For the Benefit of Mr.Kite, as my guitar gently weeps, Strawberry Fields, The Walrus..... The list gose on forever! I really dont like the song let it be thoagh... i just dont like it.(: lol

krazaykasay said...
on Sep. 23 2011 at 11:34 am
ahahah i love the beatles i hate people that are like who are they im juust omg i wanna yell!!!

A.PaigeTurner, San Antonio, Texas

You think that everybody hates you. You should really stop that.- A Good Friend

I love the Beatles! 

on Aug. 24 2011 at 12:01 am
IamtheshyStargirl PLATINUM, Lothlorien, Utah

Boredom instigates extreme creativity.
~Amoniel

"Bowing gratefully to all of my subjects, 'thank you. Thank you. The pleasure is mine." Nah, I'm just kidding. We're all kings together.'"
~Thesilentraven

Totally, but this album was or is current, so this guy wrote about it in particular. Maybe someone who has never heard of the Beatles will come across this article and have their life changed for the better forever :)

Boredom instigates extreme creativity.
~Amoniel

~Thesilentraven

Sounds cool :) I used to dislike the Beatles, but I have realized my backwards ways, and dislike them no more :) 

on Aug. 1 2011 at 10:25 am
faceityouredone SILVER, New York, New York

"A mistake is simply another way of doing things."
~Katharine Graham

"For well you know that it's a fool who plays it cool."
~Paul McCartney

"Live Without Warning"
~Billie Joe Armstrong

"Life is but a Dream for the dead:
~Gerard Way

LONG LIVE THE BEATLES!!!!!! <3

Studio_Riet GOLD, Tonasket, Washington

" Times you see, is a little arrangement that man has made for himself to try to measure the immeasurable mysteries of life." -Calypso to Ulysses (Bernard Evslin.)
"You don't have a soul, you are a soul. You have a body" - CS Lewis

Ditto! I like a lot of different types of music: enya, Kate Bush, Owl City. . . Wide variety. But the Beatles have been in my top favorites since before I can remember. In fact, one of my earliest memories is dancing to "Lucy in the Sky with Dimonds". The Beatles are awesome, and nothing compares.

just-another-url GOLD, Cannes, Other

"It's a good thing to be strange. Normalness leads to sadness." -Philip Lester

love the beatles !!!!! real music real emotions :) forever n*1 ! 

WindDancer GOLD, Lexington, Kentucky

"It's time to start living the life you've imagined"
- Henry James

"I read to escape, I write to confront."

The Beatles are the best band!!!

CaptainFabulous GOLD, Gray Summit, Missouri

"Sometimes I believe in as many as six impossible things before breakfast" - Lewis Carroll

I completely agree The Beatles and the 1960's are the best!

BeatleMania16, A, Delaware
i totally agree with you lunaticonthegrass....and flinbinjiber, i went to strawberry fields/the dakota in nyc just a few weeks ago. its an amazing spot, i recommend you go there...though emotional...

Please! there are no "favorite" beatles albums, they all rock!

bluesky0728 SILVER, Phoenix, Arizona
" "            

on Apr. 13 2011 at 5:56 am
thatgirlnamedrose BRONZE, Valmeyer, Illinois

I couldn't fit in this box, but it's the letter to Mr. Vernon in the movie, The Breakfast Club.

I love the beatles! The 1960's was the coolest generation at least with the style and the music! :D

floragj GOLD said...
on Apr. 13 2011 at 5:19 am
floragj GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
Really well written. I think I'll check this album out. Thanks :)