Chicago Bears... Another Year of No Playoffs | Teen Ink

Chicago Bears... Another Year of No Playoffs

By Taylor Richards BRONZE, Bremen, Indiana
Taylor Richards BRONZE, Bremen, Indiana
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Bears football… for the past three years the bears have not been to the playoffs. But now with a new coach and new players, they just might make it this year.

In 2011 a new head coach, Lovie Smith, started for the bears. But the past few seasons after they didn’t go to the playoffs. In 2011 the Bear’s record was 11-5 and did not go to the playoffs, in 2012 the record was 10-6 and did not go to the playoffs, and last year the record was 8-8 and did not go to the playoffs and fired coach Lovie Smith.

Now the Bears have a new head coach, Mark Trestman. He used to be the head coach for the Canadian Football League’s Montreal Alouettes for 5 seasons and led the team to two consecutive Grey Cups. Now he is in the second season as the Bears head coach. Will he lead them to the playoffs or will they lose a second season in a row with Mark Trestman.

I looked at the Bears roster and it looks like to me that they will have a winning season because they traded some players. But the bad thing about the Bears roster is Jay Cutler. He is a okay QB but they could have a better one. A few months ago Jay signed a contract for six years! Thats bad for bears fans because if we had a better QB I bet that the bears would have an non imploding season, but we will have to wait and see if the Bears do great and maybe go to the playoffs!

I am a big fan of the Bears