High School Soccer | Teen Ink

High School Soccer

By Hawkman29 BRONZE, Bremen, Indiana
Hawkman29 BRONZE, Bremen, Indiana

Matthew is a soccer player and when he was playing he got injured. He dislocated his elbow and it was bad. When he went to take a shot, he slipped and a person stepped on his elbow. His team thought he was upset because he missed the goal. But the goalie came up from the other team, looked at him, then covered his face. 

Matthew had to go to the hospital because his elbow was out of its socket, which is really atrocious. They had to put it back in. He can’t play right now, but he still goes to the games. James Park is close to the hospital, so it didn’t take long to get to the hospital.

He has to play with a brace on his arm. He couldn’t play in this weekend game, because he had to practice 4 times after the doctor released him. He gets to play the game on Monday 9/15/14. He scored a goal his first game back, even when he only played for 5 minutes. His team scored in the first 27 seconds of the game. They conquered the game against Laville. The final score was 8-1.

It was raining at the game on 9/15/14, and they were worried that he might fall. And if he fell again, there was a hazard that he might get injured again. And they didn’t want that to happen. He is seeing a doctor to make sure it’s still okay that he doesn’t need to wear anything at school for it.