A Big Thank You | Teen Ink

A Big Thank You

By OliviaMarie SILVER, Delafield, Wisconsin
OliviaMarie SILVER, Delafield, Wisconsin

Dear Frau Schueth,
I was slouching, moping, and yawning through the school day--cringing and being irritable in class, waiting to just go home and nap. I look up at the clock and it’s already 12:00! 12:00! That means I have German next! You see this is very exciting because my teacher, Frau Schueth actually makes me want to learn and I know she believes in all of her students. In all seriousness, there has not been one day that I walked into her classroom, and she wasn't flashing her big loving smile and said “Guten Abend Andrea!” (Good afternoon Andrea!)
Being in Frau’s class is definitely a different environment I wish all students could experience. Not only because I love the German culture, but also because Frau Schueth has a way of teaching that makes learning a difficult language easier, and exciting! On the first day of German two freshman year, we all picked out our own German names she would call us by, which we all got a kick out of some of the interesting name options!
Everyday, Frau had a new activity to engage us in the language, but honestly just hearing her talk in German, you could hear how passionate she was about teaching us the language. She is beyond lovable, warmhearted and enthusiastic.
I have had her for nearly three years now and I adore her inside and out. I have not heard one student say a negative thing about her, considering I have never seen her get mad before, besides when we start babbling in english she’ll say “Leute nein! Kiene english, kannst du das in deutsche sagen?” then we all attempt to say it German, which makes her really happy!
Frau Schueth is always willing to give you extra help, and even when all hands go up in class she manages to help every single one. The feeling she gives me is so comfortable, easygoing, and uplifting. She is always so smiley in the classroom its contagious! Shes so excited to teach--sometimes it’s even to the point where her eyes start squinting--that’s my favorite part of it all.
I love how Frau Schueth teaches in a different strategy each day. Some days we will be doing a group activity, other days we will be doing our own project, or we will work in packets. She gives every student an opportunity to learn the way they learn best.
I am so blessed to have Frau Schueth as my German teacher for almost three years now, soon to be four. She also takes a ton of her time arranging “Eine Deutsche reise!”  (A trip to Germany) for the students during the summer.
She has such a giving personality, wanting everyone to be on the same page, and if you're not she will do anything to catch you up!
I don't dread going to her class, and do dread missing it. I have enjoyed every moment, and will continue to for the rest of the time I have with her. Frau Schueth rocks my world languages!