Invasion to the Heart | Teen Ink

Invasion to the Heart

By CynthiaRios BRONZE, Garner, North Carolina
CynthiaRios BRONZE, Garner, North Carolina

Don't Dumb Yourself Down Into a Life of Stupidity

She sat there with tears rolling down her pale face as the screams filled of fear surrounded her village. She hid in the forest attempting to keep quiet and fighting every urge to help the people she called family. Her mother's words echoed in her head over and over again.
"Alawa, I want you to be strong for your family. They will fight and they will kill they will never take your soul. You must hide in the wilderness... We've already lost your sister we must NOT lose someone else from our family. Carry on the love... The love I bring you and I may not make it but you will. Promise me... Please."
She continued to gasp for air. Seconds after her mother died from the gunshot wound made by those terrible people. Her sister was taken away by force and brutally raped in front of hundreds of people and the worst part, peace wasn't even an option. Alawa didn't know how much time passed by, or how many villagers were left if there were any but she looked out to take a peek and met eyes with someone but he wasn't an attacker. It seemed as if the invaders had fled after stealing their food and goods. It was a boy, a villager, and a survivor. She wasn't alone.
She approached the young boy with skin the color of the gold and hair long but he froze. 
"I'm Alawa, what's your name?" The boy looked at her in fear. He remained silent.
"It's okay you can trust me." She bent down in order to comfort the boy who seemed to be more scared than Alawa. She looked him into the eye and in the background heard a voice. Another attacker came with his friend.
"We have successfully conquered another village."
"Did you see their faces? They are weak we are the strongest. Spain will be proud and kneel to us because we are stronger then those villagers."
"They couldn't defend themselves and we will earn land and earn money."
As the invaders began to walk towards them Alawa pulled to boy with her into the bush. The men began to talk as the walked away and soon the sound of footsteps faded away.
"I'm Hototo." The boy whispered.
"My family was shot by those men." He began to cry.
In attempt to comfort him Alawa began to speak. "Don't worry mine did too." She gave him a slight hug and they began to speak. They snuck out of the bush and crawl to see what was left. The thing was that there was nothing else.
Hototo began to speak, "That is my father." Suddenly a few tears turned in to a river of them. There was nothing except the blood of their family shed on the floor. Suddenly the pain between Hototo and Alawa turned in to a mission. They had no strength and no power but they had hope.

The brave story of two kids looking for a better life at a time of invasion in their village