Lady or the tiger continuation | Teen Ink

Lady or the tiger continuation

By Heather_reilly BRONZE, Wharton, New Jersey
Heather_reilly BRONZE, Wharton, New Jersey

One day your life will flash before your eyes make sure it's worth watching

He turned, and with a firm and rapid step he hesitantly walked across the empty space. Every heart stopped beating, every breath was held, every eye was fixed immovably upon the man. Without the slightest hesitation he opened the right door. His mouth practically fell to the floor, for there was nothing there. He took a step, ready to make a run for it. But as he took a step he heard a crinkle beneath his foot. There was a letter from the princess. It said, “You didn't actually think I could sit here and painfully watch you slowly die, or marry someone else when I love you,” he let out a sigh of relief as he continued to read, “ You don't have much time, I will take care of my father, just run to into the woods. There is a tree with a light blue ribbon gently tied around it. Cautiously hide behind it, and I will meet you there, then I’ll explain the rest in person.”
He began to quickly run and run until his legs could not go further; they felt as though they were about to fall off. He contemplated taking a brief break, but  he quickly changed his mind when he heard, “There he is get him.” He ran for his life, and he lost whoever had been chasing him. After what had felt like hours but had been mere minutes, he found the tree with blue ribbons. Quickly, he securely  hid in a nook at the trunk in the back of the tree as the princess had ordered. He heard loud rustling in the leaves behind him. Finally the princess had come, but it wasn't the princess, it was a peasant whom he had talked with several times.
“ Please dont kill me,” the man screamed.
       The peasant began to chuckle, “Yeah right, I'm the one who wants to kill you.”
          The man responded, "What do you mean?”
        The peasant  continued, “The princess has set you up. She purposely lead you here so she could kill you herself.” 
         The man hesitated to respond, as he was in utter shock. He could not believe that the princess would betray him like that. “What could I have done that was so horrific that the princess wants to kill me?” the man asked.
      The peasant responded, “She saw you talking with another lady, and she got extremely jealous.” the two men could hear footsteps behind them.
       The peasant stook his head out from behind the tree. He turned back around with a look of dread on his face,“She's here, make a run for it. There a boat docked at the harbor. Tell captain that Cornelius sent you. He will sail you into that next village over, and  you'll be safe there.” Just as the princess came upon the tree, the man took a run for it.
The princess yelped, “WAAIIIITTTT,” but the man just kept running. She attempted to chase after him, but the peasant stopped her. She forcefully kicked and screamed, “Let me go! He's the love of my life. I desperately begged and begged my father, and finally he gave his consent. Why would he leave?”
The peasant tried to come up with an answer, “Ummmnnn, he said that he didn't truly love you. The lady that you had seen him talking to, the one that was behind the door, was his true love.” A curious look came across the princess's face.
“How did you no she was behind the door?”The princess had realized something was going on so she further questioned the peasant.
“Well, you see, my uncle works for your father, and he has access to what's behind each door. He knew that I am madly in love with you, and after I begged for hours, he had told me you left a note for him, and you two would most likely run away together. I couldn't bare the thought of you with another man, so I told him that you had planned to kill him, and I gave him instructions to go to the harbor, and take a boat to the next village.” The princess’s face became red with fury. Immediately she slapped him across the face,
“How  could you? If you truly loved me you would have wanted me to be happy, and he was my happiness.” The man fell to the floor, and with that she ran to the harbor. She knew she didn't have much time so she ran as though her legs were on fire.
The princess had finally made it to the harbor, as the sailor began to drift off into the ocean. She saw the man and he yelled,“How could you,” She replied. “No, how could you believe him? The peasant made the whole thing up.” A look of relief and joy crossed his face. With that he gracefully jumped from the deck of the boat which was about ten feet from sea level, he then swam to shore to happily embrace his princess, she had then explained the whole story. After she had told him that they had her father's consent, he got down on one knee and proposed. The princess's mouth dropped in awe. She screeched, "Yes, yes of course, and embraced him in a passionate hug.

Lady or the tiger is a short story where the other leaves you to decide the end, In my creative writing class we wrote our own end

on Nov. 8 2014 at 5:50 pm
GirlGenius SILVER, Oakland, New Jersey

The question for today is* : If you could solve any world crisis right now, what would it be?
(*-GirlGenius's favorite quote)

i love this!  I would have never thought of this!