The Lobster Cake | Teen Ink

The Lobster Cake

By ajs1414 BRONZE, Wilmington, Massachusetts
ajs1414 BRONZE, Wilmington, Massachusetts

A story that gets tossed around the dinner table at my house is the infamous tale of “The Lobster Cake”. This is the sad story of a poor four-year-old girl who only wanted a princess birthday cake. I all started one year at thanksgiving down the cape. My entire family went out to dinner and my Aunt Katie decided to get a lobster. When she got her lobster she was playing around and pretending it was alive. At the time I was four and deathly afraid of the lobster. My birthday was right around the corner and my aunt told me she was going to get me a lobster cake. I retorted by saying I had my princess cake all picked out for my party. That was the end, or so I thought of me dealing with lobster jokes.
A week later, my birthday came and when the time came for my cake I was told to close my eyes. When my eyes opened in front of me stood a red and gooey cake in the shape of a lobster. To say I was hysterical would be an understatement. My face became as red as the grotesque cake itself!! To everyone aside from myself the affair was hilarious. A few long dreadful minutes later, after the laughter subsided they brought my princess cake out. By the end of the night the red sea animal was nearly gone and only a sliver about the size to feed a four-year-old was taken out of the princess cake. This birthday went down in the history books of my family and will never be forgotten. My family all told me on that horrid night I would look back and find the cake amusing, I’m still waiting for that day.