Project M on Wii | Teen Ink

Project M on Wii

This game is called Project M and is one the fastest modified version of Super Smash Bros games out there. The game is a fast-paced fighting game that requires you to defeat opponents by getting them to lose all of their stocks (which are essentially lives). Most of the characters in the game are from previous Nintendo games such as the Mario series, The Legend of Zelda Series, and the Fire Emblem series. Other characters are from third-party companies such as Capcom or Sega. Some third-party characters are Snake from Metal Gear Solid and Sonic the Hedgehog from the Sonic series. I first learned about this mod to the game when my friend who plays a lot of Smash Brothers, invited me to his house once to play it. And I thought this game was the greatest thing ever.

My favorite characters are currently Wolf, Fox, Marth and Captain due to their aggressive play style. In my opinion, Wolf has the most impressive combo since he is considered the best "juggler" in the game. A juggler is a term for a character that is able to keep an opponent in a combo continuously without losing the opponent. There are so many combos you can create with Wolf because he has such a good kit to create combos with. I enjoy playing Captain Falcon due to his famous forward-air attack called "The Knee", or what I'd like to call "The Knee of Justice". I also enjoy playing him because I've been playing him since Super Smash Brothers Melee.  Fox has been one of my favorite characters for a long time since he has the ability to cancel jumps with his shine or reflector which can be utilized to play mind games on your opponents. Fox is also a very reliable character to play due to his great recovery ability, which is important when you are recovering from a spike or a deadly blow. Marth is a very fun fighter to play since his combos can kill opponents within a short period of time.
Project M is a mod for Super Smash Brothers Brawl and it is not created by Nintendo. A mod is a modification that changes a system or a style. The mod was created by a couple of fans that enjoyed Super Smash Bros Brawl but wanted a faster style of play, like the previous game of Super Smash Bros Melee. That group of fans call themselves the "Project M Dev Team", or PMDT for short.

The mod is intended to give Brawl a fast-paced feel and a couple of extra characters that aren't available in Brawl. Two characters that have been added to the roster from Melee were Roy and Mewtwo. These fighters were added to the game by cloning Marth and Lucario, which are the two closest related characters in the game. Then, these fighters were altered and edited to be playable as the new characters in the game. Almost every character were also given modifications so the game can have a fast pace feel and that every character is equally strong. Many fighters have been given alternate skins which were created by the PMDT. Some of the stages in the game have also been changed to fit the fast paced action.

This, by far, is the best game that I have ever played. How the developers edited the game to make the game fast-paced and more exciting is just amazing. It was also great to see the community keeping themselves happy with their own game mod instead of ranting on the game company only. Although this is not an official game by the company, I think it is still a very fun game to play and try out.