I Lost One of Me | Teen Ink

I Lost One of Me

By Raneem SILVER, Riyadh, Other
Raneem SILVER, Riyadh, Other
7 articles 1 photo 1 comment

There’s this important part in everyone’s life when they try so hard with every breathe they take and with every perfect thought or idea to build themselves. This phase becomes high-lighted with the power of love.
Let me tell you about the three types of people on this planet. The first to come is the one that walks through the path of building themselves according to whom they want to be. The second is the partner-driven person, as in, he/she is building themselves according to what their partner likes or in other words seeks. The third one which in my point of view needs a serious root-change is the one that doesn’t have anything or any motive to push him/her to this phase. Without a doubt, each of these types has pros and cons and your choice mainly depends on your personality, it’s your fuel to making a decision or a change.

To start with, the first type is the strongest of all and they use their strength to both draw who they want to be and be who they drew. The privileges of this type are of course worth it. They know what they really want plus they are self-driven, but as a consequence of these privileges, their partner may realize they aren’t the one, it plays the role of a wake up call in a relationship. They may also loss some of their friends yet on the bright side gain others who are like-minded.

The second type is a weak type that derives it’s strength from it’s partner, Mathematics wise they have a higher probability of having their partner for a longer time than the first type and not for granted. They see their partner as the best person on earth and will grasp the gifted chance of growing some of his/her traits and some of those that their partner seeks. The sad part is, if you lost your partner you will loss one of you that may have or haven’t been in you. You will also realize that for sometime in your life, you weren’t you. This type has the most experience out of a relationship.

The third type and the last one is a bit complicated, and is in fact the weakest of all. They aren’t willing to change since they don’t see anything worth the effort nor do they care enough about their partner or their own life. Most would feel relieved that they have nothing to worry about or at least that’s what they think.

A moment of honesty, I was the second type, despite of doing my best to become his dream girl, I didn’t get much of him and in the process I lost one of me. I learned that you can be whom you want to be no matter when or where, as long as you're self-fuelled with your own power and will.

I believe that the first step of fixing a problem is realizing it.

Which type were/are you?

As of a personal experience, I dedicate this article to those of you who have or haven't been through this phase.