A Small Act of Love | Teen Ink

A Small Act of Love

By Mae10 BRONZE, Columbia, North Carolina
Mae10 BRONZE, Columbia, North Carolina

Mother Teresa once said,” We can't all do great things, but we can all do small things with great love. “  Love is perhaps the most powerful force that exists in the world.  Almost everyone desires to feel loved. I believe that the small actions you and I take to care for others have the power to change the world.  Although we may never receive a Nobel Peace Prize, we can impact the lives of those around us. 

How can we do this? ……..Call that friend who had a bad day.  Bless an ill person with a visit or note.  Expensive and lavish gifts aren't necessary.  It sounds cliché, but it's the thought that counts.  Often, the best gifts we can give are those of our time and love.  We too often underestimate the power a smile or hug can have.  So go ahead and do something kind today.  Small acts of love can change the world.

I love reading inspiring quotes and seeing how we can apply them to our everyday lives.

Mae10 BRONZE said...
on Mar. 19 2016 at 10:44 am
Mae10 BRONZE, Columbia, North Carolina
Wow! Came back to Teen Ink today for the first time in a while. Enjoying it so much!!! I am so blessed to have friends and family in my life who show me love, and I hope to pass it on to others as well.