The Flash Season 1 | Teen Ink

The Flash Season 1

By Spoodermanderp PLATINUM, Quezon City, Other
Spoodermanderp PLATINUM, Quezon City, Other

My TV Series Review: The Flash Season 1 Mid-Season Finale "The Man in the Yellow Suit"

The show at it's best speed

***This review may contain spoilers ***

The mid season finale is finally here, the stakes are higher and mysteries are about to get resolved. With the Reverse Flash returning to cause mayhem once again, he comes toe to toe with The Flash. But things don't seem to go in the Flash's way, when he finds out he may not be the fastest man alive.

A developed cast was seen in this well rounded episode. Barry was now a straight up likable character who now deals with being a part hero who can inspire people.

Flashback scenes make a return and were a descent watch as the show has used this method before and were proved successful.

The Star lab crew, especially Caitlin, went through one hell of a ride as well because of the events circulating on Reverse Flash and the return of Ronnie or now known as Firestorm. I could safely say that Reverse Flash was one of the key points of this spectacular mid-season finale. He was menacing, ruthless and the mystery thats shrouded on him makes him all the more fascinating and an entertaining watch. His scenes with the Flash are just so visually spectacular that you'll get your jaw dropped thinking this is actually an episode from a TV show. Firestorm's introduction was great but I felt that he was merely shoehorned into the episode to get fans pumped up for momentous events in the future. The action sequences were well thought and just splendid to look at on screen.

Whenever Reverse and Flash chase each other, I couldn't dare take my eyes away from the screen. The budget for the CGI was obviously not lowered and did not loosen in quality and it resulted into a heck ton of gripping scenes.

Finally, Barry had also admitted to Iris his feelings that may or will cause a turning point for his whole character. With Eddie also finding out about the meta-humans, things may begin to get a little shaky. All these leading up to the next half of this season is sure to be an exciting one.

+A developed cast,
+Flashback scenes,
+Reverse Flash, -Firestorm felt shoehorned in to the episode,
+Epic sequences with Reverse and Flash,
+Visuals,
+Barry admitting to Iris

Verdict: 9.3/10