"Understanding White Privilege" | Teen Ink

"Understanding White Privilege"

By SkyDog BRONZE, Oak Bluffs, Massachusetts
SkyDog BRONZE, Oak Bluffs, Massachusetts

“Understanding White Privilege” is a great story.  This story is about making a point for the fact that white people have more stereotypical rights then black people. It gives proof that they do, like white police murdering innocent black people. Also, it talks about a story about a black male who was in great need of help after a car crash, and he was knocking on a house, and the white woman at the door was scared and called the police. The police shot him 41 times, and he died that night.
I thought this story was a fascinating story, and give everyone a apprehensive view on prejudices and racial ideas.   At this point, I understand why the people of color are creating riots on the streets, because I believe the cops there are racist, because they have multiple records of cops killing innocent people of color.
I can relate to this story, because I used to go to these basketball courts, and every day I went there, there was always a racial slur being used, or a racist person talking trash about another race, and it really made me mad, so I decided to stop going. I was raised by my sisters, mother, and father that no matter what race, or religion you are, as long as you are nice to me, I will be nice to you. That’s it.