The Day My Innocence Was Taken Away... | Teen Ink

The Day My Innocence Was Taken Away...

I could hear noises; ones that made you wonder in fear and shiver in fright. I just got into bed and was thinking of getting a good night’s sleep for the day ahead of me tomorrow but something didn't feel right, when I heard these sounds I knew something was wrong.

The trees whispered secrets in the night wind, giggling and laughing at my bad luck and my teddies stared at me with their amber eyes, their mouths sealed, trying to burst out what was going to happen but nothing slid from those soft lips. My body shook when a dog whined in a distressing act, its howl spreading across our neighborhood, but all fell quiet when I heard my door creak open, the trees stopped their whispering, the teddies eyes blazed more and even the whining dog fell silent. I dared peek out from under my covers, a tall man with messy hair stood in my bedroom, my father’s hair and his long thin body stood there. I was suddenly relieved that it was just him, maybe he wanted to say goodnight to me. But what I got was far worst…

He moaned to me to be quiet because my mother was asleep but before I could ask why, he grabbed my arms and climbed on top of me, trapping me in his strong hands, his other hand was tightly around my mouth so I couldn't cry out and the last thing he said before I despised him as my father was, ’Sleep tight.’ The trees rustled in fear and disgust, my teddies looked away and before my innocence was taken away, I heard the faint sad cry of a dog…

I wrote this because I want to stop rape, people have experianced it but most don't speak out.

Report rape!