Motocross | Teen Ink

Motocross

By Machew BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Machew BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

30 second board is up, tension builds, adrenaline is going thru the roof. Guys are leaning to the front of their bike, all ready to get dirty. At that moment, gate drops and everyone hammers the gas roost flies like nothing before. All 40 riders come roaring with    

their machines to the first turn, unlucky ones crash but everyone puts that out of there
mind and move on. First corner has been tackled and now race is under way, race is
20 minutes plus 3 laps. let the race begin. My goal for the future is to race in motocross. Today I'm gonna tell you about the background of the sport, practice, and fun.
Motocross is a game, sport, race, and life to people. Motocross is a sport not very well known to people, it gets covered up because Americans prefer football, baseball, basketball, NASCAR, hockey, and even soccer more than motocross. This sport shows beauty with danger at all times. The most danger occur when a Rider crashes. It’s not like their in a steel cage protected from debris, no they are most likely to result flying off the bike and break something, and worst case death. A sport dealing with speeds heading up to 60 mph and jumping over 90 foot jumps without missing is beyond insane! Pro guys have two thing in their dreams, racing and winning. This sport is very hard and it’s a devotion to do all of these crazy stuff without being scared. Because of the fact that a crash can break something or even die. In order to be as good as the guys who race is the main core of being good, practice.
As they say practice makes perfect right? In this sport it’s a well known fact, its getting my body ready. Before I can even get on the bike and hit some hot laps is you need to work out. This sport needs a lot everything but the main thing is endurance. Races could take 10 minutes to hours oven a day, just depends on what I’m doing. Now I’m on the bike and ready to hit good laps and it’s good but take time and study the track don’t go in a blaze of glory and break something. Take time, this is practice not a race. Once I figure out the track and I can commit to doing then I’m golden. Practice till I get comfortable with everything and I’ll be ready. Before the “race day” I should plan for a gold meal such as a potato or pasta something that will sit in my stomach. Also sleep is important, go to bed early and wake up early. Racing and practice holds one thing that I should always remember, go out there and have fun because its the most important thing of all.
The best thing is to do is to have fun out there. Most of the time it doesn’t matter if I win or lose, it’s all about fun. Motocross is a sport that is full of a lot of unexpected things. Most of the time, bad things but it does matter. Due to all of these things, its very thrilling its something or someway to get out of my comfort zone and into a danger zone. Some people like it some people do not, to each his own. Sometimes its an adventure, to everyone this is super fun just me and my bike and going places that take you to a whole different world. After a good fun race always show good sportsmanship, I don't want to be a crab apple and walk off and be mad. This is why I always show good sportsmanship, its good to go up to another rider and say “hey nice job out there” and such and such. Fun in motocross is everything it out rules everything in the sport if I’m not having fun, then why am I riding?
I have explained the things in motocross, racing, practice, and fun. My goal for the future is to race in motocross. So in order to do that I have to abide to the three main things I have have just explain. 20 minutes is long time in the race world but if you keep a cool mind, riding won’t treat you unfairly, it’s better to finish then not.