The Power of Prayer | Teen Ink

The Power of Prayer

By Random100 DIAMOND, Iloilo, Other
Random100 DIAMOND, Iloilo, Other

I want to believe that life is full of spells and charms. I want to know that with just one flick of a wand, it can change a thing to something which I can’t imagine. Unfortunately, I am in the world of reality. All I can do is to watch what is happening around me. All I can do is to seek help. All I can do is to kneel down and pray.

It was near summer, when the glimmering sun welcomed me with its colossal size, releasing its warm ardor and painting cosmic scenery of a perfect rupturing dawn. I never expected that the boundless ceiling above me would unveil its dark image. It extricated its heavy tears down to earth. It was then a perfect time to me to bury my face again to my velvet pillow and shut my eyes.

Ill-fatedly, I was distracted by an indignant voice coming from the outside of our house. It was coming from my grandmother. I remembered that she went to the farm, and maybe she was wet now. I did not bother her for it was so cold and my eyes wouldn’t open. I heard her saying some unmelodious words. In the last sentence of her speech, I heard, “It is already late, but you did not cook rice!” She really was angry.

All my senses, except one, are not functioning. I could only hear what she said. Suddenly, her voice began to change. I could only hear murmurs. It was so peculiar to hear. I went outside and saw her very exhausted while leaning on the chair. I ran toward her and saw her mouth shaping irregularly. Is this what they call stroke, I asked myself.

I called for help, and then my uncle came rushing. He supported grandmother, so that she could catch some fresh air. He then corrected her mouth’s irregular shape. I prayed hard for her immediate recovery. Fortunately, grandmother was saved from death’s game because if not, I would be blamed. I would be thrown like a pebble to the sea.

I came to realize that life is not always fair. It seems fate rushes down to suffocate me with its interminable games. But with others’ help and faith with God, all things can be conquered.

Now, I believe that life is full of miracles and wonders, that with just one flick of His loving hand, He can make a marvelous thing, one that I can’t imagine. I just need to seek for help, and kneel down and pray.