Educator of the Year | Teen Ink

Educator of the Year

By Kerrie Corter BRONZE, Batesville, Arkansas
Kerrie Corter BRONZE, Batesville, Arkansas

Kerrie Corter
  Leanne Bradley
  Cave City High School
  Cave City, Arkansas
  Family and Consumer Science Classes

13 January 2014

Educator of the Year
Mrs. Leanne Bradley teaches home economics classes, like FACS, Food, Health and Nutrition, Clothing, Child Development, and Child Care Guidance. She has been teaching for nine years at Cave City High School in Arkansas. She is also the sponsor of FCCLA. I have been in her class since the ninth grade, and I’m also in the FCCLA club. Mrs. Bradley is the nicest person and a very authentic teacher. She is always there for you, she comforts you when you feel down, and she loves reading books. I remember in Foods class, we were learning how to eat in a proper etiquette way and it was the hardest thing to do. She took us to Colton’s Steakhouse to practice our etiquette eating. It was really hard how to eat properly, because I have never eat etiquettely before. Some of us would be sneaky and eat the normal way. In Clothing, we practiced using a sewing machine. We went to a fabric store called Marshel’s to get our fabric for our apron and our pillow. Then we got the project started, and I made a pink zebra apron with black bows sewed on. Then, i made a pink Arkansas Razorback pillow and a big camo pillow for my brother. Our F.A.C.S class does different activities like sewing, cooking, parenting, housing, and analyzing our personality. Also, in FCCLA, we do things like pick up trash at the playground, go to Race for the Cure in Little Rock, attend National Meeting, and go to fun trips. Mrs. Leanne Bradley should be nominated for the Educator of the Year because she is a big inspiration to others, and she is a really good teacher.

I want people to know that she is a good teacher.