Texas is... HUGE | Teen Ink

Texas is... HUGE

By simog BRONZE, Port Aransas, Texas
simog BRONZE, Port Aransas, Texas

I illuminate (my self), from G. Ungaretti
Legen....wait for it....Dary! Legendary! (Barney Stinson)

HUGE! This was the first thought I had when my airplane landed in Texas, where I would
be a foreign exchange student for a year from Rome, Italy. Here in Texas everything is huge:
streets,buildings, fields, hamburgers, facial hair, cars, oh no sorry here in Texas we don't have
cars; we have trucks! Texas is a world of its own. You can find the long sandy beach, the hot
boring desert, the cold wet pinewood, the soft green hills, the sharp cold mountains, the busy
metropolis, and the little inhabitant country town.From north to south, from east to west, all this
in one US state.
           The change from one landscape to the next is so slow that you can barely notice it; the
transition is smooth and gradual. It is like a cloud that envelops all of your senses and gently
transports you to another destination. It could be flat and boring like a plantation, or maybe wet
and black like a forest.
           Texas is the lone star state, but it is also a mysterious state. Coming here you can live
an unique experience; you are not just in the United States of America , you are in Texas. It the
state of freedom between USA and Mexico, and because of this it is a mix of culture and it is
also something completely different. Something that you only can see if you live Texas.
           "Are y'all fixin'to have tacos for dinner? Cause' I sure'nuff want some quesadillas, but I am ok with that too!" I don't know what he said, but I am pretty sure that he was asking me
something about food.
           Texas is where the languages of two cultures mix together, and something like a slow,
soft, and lazy river that flows from their mouths. It is a  beautiful accent that is not always loved,
but at least it is respected.
           Texas is where: white, black, yellow, red, pink, bald, skinny, fat, rich, poor, winter Texans, summer Missourians, all reside, all together. You can find all of them under the lone star
state's flag. A lot of these people take the lifestyle they live for granted. This is true, people
hate Texas while they live here, but as soon as they leave they start missing that huge, juicy,
friendly state.
           Texas is where you find yourself, and yourself finds you. Texas is where you enjoy
things that you never would have enjoyed anywhere else. Texas is where you can drive on the
beach before surfing some waves, or eat a Whatabuger while hunting a deer. Texas is where
possibilities are HUGE. Texas is wherever you live your life however you want.
          Texas isn't just a state, it's a state of mind, a state of freedom.

These are my feelings about Texas. What I am learning about this beautiful culture. What is on this paper is what I am understending right now, right in Texas.

Vale said...
on Feb. 15 2015 at 5:01 pm
If before I wasn't interested about Texas now I've completely changed my mind.. I think I'll come