The Queen of Bright and Shiny Things by Ana Aguirre | Teen Ink

The Queen of Bright and Shiny Things by Ana Aguirre

By AWriterOfWords DIAMOND, Hamburg, New Jersey
AWriterOfWords DIAMOND, Hamburg, New Jersey

We all want to make a difference in the world, but what have you done to truly change it? For Sage Czinski, the small difference she has made in her school has earned her the name Post-It Princess. Wielding a glitter pen and post-it note, she manages to brighten a person’s day every day by placing a positive message on their locker. Unfortunately, the reason she tries to make others happy is because she knows what it is like to be on the other side dealing with pain.

As Sage continues on her life like usual, her world is changed when she meets Shane Cavendish in her geometry class. Despite his attempts to be alone, Sage pushes to get him open up because she remembers what it is like being the new kid. But when Shane begins to open up, Sage begins to let him see a side of her no one else knows. Of course, their attraction together is being tested by the biggest bully in school, Dylan. In the end, will they manage to come together or will they let the opposition tear them apart?

If this sounds interesting to you, The Queen of Bright and Shiny Things by Ana Aguirre will be up your alley. Although it is based on finding teenage love, it is more than that as the characters are finding themselves, despite the obstacles in the way. The way Ana Aguirre writes truly enchants the readers from the first page.

As a teenager, I found it to be realistic, which is often hard to find.  I was able to relate as I laughed, cried, sucked my breath in, and gasped in horror, delight, joy, and sadness while reading, which ruled my life for two days because I could not put it down. It definitely is a book to look out for when it hits shelves in April! This 5/5 star book will make you long for the story to continue long after the book is closed.