Literary Canon Persuasive Letter | Teen Ink

Literary Canon Persuasive Letter

By maximumride82 BRONZE, Mount Pleasant, Michigan
maximumride82 BRONZE, Mount Pleasant, Michigan

Dear Literary Canon Board of Directors,

I am writing this letter because I believe the “Harry Potter” series should be added to the literary canon.

The first reason I believe the Harry Potter series should be included in the literary canon is that the series has been an influential read in many countries all around the world. The entire Harry Potter series were made into movies in multiple languages, making it enjoyable for many different cultures. The books were also printed in multiple languages, making it an enjoyable read for many cultures as well. Disney also made a Harry Potter themed park in Orlando, Florida, USA. The theme park was made just as realistic as the movies, and as an actual interactive experience.

The second reason is if you say “Harry Potter” to anyone people know what you are talking about since the books were written in Britain by J. K. Rowling. This makes the books main fan base in Britain. Multiple people of different cultures and languages have read the series, making it a main source of conversation between many different people. Also, many of this generation has read the books over and over. They broaden your mind to many different creative possibilities and intrigue people, making people read them over and over again to make sure they have not missed a single detail.

The final reason is that Harry Potter is just as popular as all the other hits on the literary canon because the books have modern references that people can understand. Fiction-based books seem to intrigue people quite a lot more. This series will go on remembered for centuries to come.

As you can see, Harry Potter is deserving of the literary canon because they have influenced many countries around the world, people know what you are talking about when you mention “Harry Potter,” and the books are just as popular as all the other books listed on the literary canon.

I hope that you will consider this choice for the literary canon. Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Sierra W.