Stranded 2: Trial By Fire | Teen Ink

Stranded 2: Trial By Fire

By Kaohu BRONZE, Keaau, Hawaii
Kaohu BRONZE, Keaau, Hawaii

The book Stranded 2: Trial by Fire is about a group of four children who need to work as a crew to overcome fears and stay alive. Buzz, Vanessa, Jane, and Carter need to work as a team to survive using a limited amount of supplies.  Can they survive? Will they break down and give up? Who will stay strong?

My favorite character that I can relate to is Carter. Carter is the second oldest in the group of kids and is a boy. Carter is strong and somewhat intelligent. He lacks teamwork skills and he seems egotistic. I can relate to Carter because I am a hunk of pure power. I am strong, but I am really intelligent, unlike Carter. I like him because not only can I relate to him, but also if Carter was not there, the three other kids (one small boy, two girls) would have probably not have survived. Carter play a big role compared to the rest.

One of my favorite parts in the book was when a boar on the island smelled around and examined the camp spot that the kids were at. I am a hunter and pigs are one of the things that I normally hunt. I really started finely reading the page when I reached that part. What happened after the boar notice that people were there is the boar started getting ready to charge Jane the littlest and youngest girl in the group. Jane is then shocked and in deep fear staring at the pig. Then I think Buzz or Carter got the pigs attention using the illuminating flare stick (last one) and the girl Jane has time to get away. The reason why I like this event is because it has exciting twists to it like the boy using the flare the last source of light and to start the fire to save the girl. So, if you want to read something exciting then read Stranded 2: Trial By Fire.