Kodai, the Pretty Lady! | Teen Ink

Kodai, the Pretty Lady!

By SandraNair GOLD, Trivandrum,Kerala, Other
SandraNair GOLD, Trivandrum,Kerala, Other

"One Child,One teacher,One book and one pen can change the world"- Didi(Malala Yousafzai).

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow,learn as if you were to live forever"
- Mahatma Gandhi

Which is your favourite hangout zone?America,England,Egypt? Okay,whatever it is I never care because none of you are going to take me along with you.I too am not gonna make a company of any of you for I love traveling with my own sweet family.Now,about my favourite holiday spot.I can choose only one place then and it's my Kodaikanal , which is located in the southern part of Indian sub-continent.A place....No,a beautiful place in Tamilnadu.I should firstly let you all know that I have only once been there,the first time when I sat without a fan . A fan!!! Oh Jesus, I can't even dream of switiching on the fan and being an awkward. Better than that is killing mysef.I cannot tell you about the terrible cold condition there.Still,I enjoy being in the loveliest of the loveliest spot,Kodaikanal.

Kodaikanal,which I rather call us Kodai with all my lovely feeling is a hill station of India.Just a few months back I got a diamond opportunity to visit Kodai.Now let me make you jealous of me by explaining about our little Kodaikanal.

On that pleasant night ,may be around eight o'clock or something I was competely in a dreamy world.My mind was thinking only about the joys of my holiday trip along with my family,moreover with my cousins!But what should I say? Yes,I am a stupid girl ,otherwise I wouldn't have slept at the very beginning of our journey.As you all know we never realizes time fastly running while we are asleep.When I woke up,the first thing I saw near me was my mom who was half asleep in the middle of the night.My cousin was making a fun out of me by saying that I am a sleepy fellow and know nothing other than to sleep.Wouldn't it make any one angry? I got purple with rage that I felt like throwing him out of the bus.But as I was in the midst of old guys I had to avoid mysef being scold.

A few hours was just enough to reach the 'hair-pin' road.Hair-pin road!!! Do you know about it? The road looks just like a hair pin and that's why we call it that way.I must say you that travelling through that road is really fun.My gramma's had already wrapped themselves in thick sheets.But we kids were so crazy that we tried to win over the immense cold.Still we had to wear sweaters on reaching our resort.I thought that accomodation would be pity but our resort was the best!I really loved it since we had two swings,chess-board , a spacious ground and many more.More than anything else the resort was adorned by a wide range of wildlife.There were an emu,a sheep which was full of fleece and that it looked as if the sheep was dipped in snow!Even in this climate if we have these kind of animals then  Artic animals' eyes may even be hidden with fur!

The first thing we did was....Swinging?watching those animals?eating food?warming ourselves? If you think it is any of these then you have stepped into a mistake because our first job was going to toilet! Do you know what a long journey it was? Then we had not even a part of a single second to spare. All of us went out for gazing at the beauty of Kodai.

I do not remember all those views,still a few... Firstly,we went for shopping.Please avoid thinking that there were malls to rome about.We were wandering along the street bazaars. Replying in Malayalam (our language-Kerala) for questions and statments in Tamil was really jolly! Home-made chocoates were making me feel bad as it was the main thing you find all around Kodaikanal.I learnt to gain scoldings from mother by hiding myself from her  and also to bargain with shopkeepers!The beautiful lakes made me stay there for little longer singing lyrical songs even if others might mistaken that I were a beggar singing songs for money. We returned after roming all around Kodai yet we had other spots still waiting for us.

Did you think that we returned from Kodai.Hahahaha....No guys. I meant that we just came back to our resort as it was too late and the place seemed to be strange without a guide.As soon as we got into our beds ,father came ordering us to bath as we were filthy by that time. You know how angry I was? Still,I entered the bathroom and without thinking any more, poured a mug of water . Oh! I thought I had lost my life. I'm not kidding,it was that cold!

The next day too we went out in search of entertainment. Suicide point was another strange view we had there.If you just jump into that huge pit,there's 0.00% chance of surviving!Therefore,huge walls are built all around that 'beautiful killer'. We didn't forget to pose for photos standing beside tiger and lion at the pine tree forest.Hey reader or any other person reading this please do not get sick thinking of lions and tigers;all are just huge toys! Made you a fool....hahaha....

Are we gonna live there for the whole of our life and freeze? The very next day we were on the way back to our home.Towards the end of my humble travelogue ,I would like to bring two things to your notice.First one is that for the first time in my fourteen years of life,I thanked ur Kerala hotels. You know why? That was the kind of dishes you should expect from Tamil Nadu.That ne'er means it is a dull place for the rest are 101% wonderful! The second thing is...Check out the number of exclamation marks I have put all along this article.Really , from the bottom of my heart I should say that my Kodai is a place which is must to be exclaimed at! Finally,my heart is left there and my mind is terribly aching;I really miss Kodaikanal.Still,I will be there again only after learning Tamil and that I could proudly read atleast one of the boards hanged in the shops!