The Walking Dead | Teen Ink

The Walking Dead

By Spoodermanderp PLATINUM, Quezon City, Other
Spoodermanderp PLATINUM, Quezon City, Other

The Walking Dead Season 5 Finale Episode 16 "Conquer"

Wolves Are Not Far

"Conquer" delivers what every The Walking Dead episode finale offers and excels at it. Easily it is one of those episodes that makes your heart race and pushes you to the edge of your seat.

The episode does not have a large scale war between humans or anything, it's the tense sequences, brilliant acting and well made shots that get the episode going.
One of the things that I liked about this episode is how they properly used the zombies, they didn't just throw in some zombies for no reason, it added tension and made me feel scared for our protagonists.

Of course it wasn't just zombies, but the human antagonists were also very threatening. I also liked the way the episode showed how the characters changed from what they were in entering the safe zone. Particularly Father Gabriel's character whom we all felt sympathy for at the start of the season and eventually hate him at the end on how he despises Rick's group.

The episode added depth to the characters and developed them well in this season the most. I also liked the way how the episode usually speaks visually brought by brilliant shots and cinematography.

This episode was like the previous season finale in the previous season. It was intense and thrilling and of course teases us to another set of villains set for the next season. The visuals and gore was also taken up a notch for this episode and the dialogue was excellent as well.

Season 5 is a step up for The Walking Dead still with some flaws that still can be fixed with future seasons. The show is diving in to more and more great story lines from the comics waiting to be shown on screen.

Let's just hope they don't lose quality as they progress to bigger heights.

+An intense episode,
+Brilliant acting,
+Brilliant cinematography,
+Great use of the zombies, +Development for Characters, +Gore,
+An intense climax

Verdict: 9.5/10

vvstone said...
on Sep. 18 2015 at 2:10 pm
vvstone, Cartersville, Georgia

"This isn't a democracy anymore." - Rick Grimes, AMCs The Walking Dead

I really like your summary for this! Btw TWD is a GREAT SHOW!!!!!