Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Her, Him, and the Receptionist This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. This work has won the Teen Ink contest in its category.

By SamanthaS, Encino, CA

Our daily jog together. At least I like to think of it as our jog. It’s not like we actually run together, but in close proximity in separate universes.

It is hard to remember the days when we did not run together. My elliptical jogs right behind his treadmill and always keeps up. It would have been so easy to say hi the first time. But with each passing day, it has gotten harder and harder, and now impossible. We have had occasional looks back and forth, but those were probably coincidences. Of course I ­always look at him. As for the times his glance met mine, perhaps something else called his gaze. And I’m way too shy to budge from my routine to approach confirmed rejection. Why can’t he just make the move? I know, that’s a funny one. Look at him and then look at me – especially without makeup!

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

120 comment(s)
KittyKat1419
I hate that I'm so jealous of your skill But amazing work anyway Good job--no wonder this got so many comments If you could give me some feedback on my articles let me know what you think!
Jul. 14, 2015 at 8:47 PM • Report
KyotoMylo
So, so good!
Jul. 12, 2015 at 3:11 PM • Report
ShilpaHarryPotter
its simply osm..!!!!!.
Jul. 06, 2015 at 7:05 AM • Report
Beck-Beck
I really loved this. It's really good.
Apr. 26, 2015 at 5:38 PM • Report
Laney M.
I was expecting a threesome and I have to say, I'm very disappointed
Nov. 04, 2014 at 4:22 PM • Report
a3writer
EW!THATS GROSS!
Feb. 06, 2015 at 9:42 PM • Report
TheGallopingLantern
This article is sweet, but mysterious and leaves your mind wondering if Molly ever does meet him. What would have happened if the guy found out about "front desk nerd" shredding the letter? Nice work on the details by the way ~The Galloping Lantern
Sep. 17, 2014 at 1:22 PM • Report
creativewriter144108
Awesome! I love that story....im gonna read it again I think
Aug. 27, 2014 at 10:58 AM • Report
MargaretNorman
i need more of this brillience!  
Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:24 PM • Report
420ULTIMATESWAGLORD2000
Oh, thats a shame you could have had brilliance
Apr. 13, 2015 at 9:51 AM • Report
Close