Subscribe   Submit Work   Log In

Her, Him, and the Receptionist This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. This work has won the Teen Ink contest in its category.

By SamanthaS, Encino, CA

Our daily jog together. At least I like to think of it as our jog. It’s not like we actually run together, but in close proximity in separate universes.

It is hard to remember the days when we did not run together. My elliptical jogs right behind his treadmill and always keeps up. It would have been so easy to say hi the first time. But with each passing day, it has gotten harder and harder, and now impossible. We have had occasional looks back and forth, but those were probably coincidences. Of course I ­always look at him. As for the times his glance met mine, perhaps something else called his gaze. And I’m way too shy to budge from my routine to approach confirmed rejection. Why can’t he just make the move? I know, that’s a funny one. Look at him and then look at me – especially without makeup!

Page 1 of 13

Share this article:

Share on Facebook   Share on Google+   Share on Twitter

Join the discussion

129 comment(s)
John007Niuvao
Wow, that was really good! I really like how you were able to write from the different character's perspectives, a style many people have trouble with!!! Rude receptionist, but it will make for an even lovelier love story.
Dec. 08, 2016 at 1:33 PM • Report
Sillygirl
write more plz
Dec. 02, 2016 at 3:17 PM • Report
Drummer_GirlEmii
Love It!! (:
Oct. 20, 2016 at 4:21 PM • Report
BookloverForever
Amazing! Your writing is so good. And I love the end!
Sep. 16, 2016 at 11:27 AM • Report
Ermie
Wow, that was really good! I really like how you were able to write from the different character's perspectives, a style many people have trouble with!!! Rude receptionist, but it will make for an even lovelier love story :)
Feb. 25, 2016 at 5:33 PM • Report
Kayashreya
Such fabulous writing! I love how you put both points of view, from the guy and the girl, and great cliffhanger!
Feb. 07, 2016 at 9:54 PM • Report
MADDO
This is awesome......loved it :)
Nov. 02, 2015 at 3:05 AM • Report
Aegon
Nice cliffhanger!
Oct. 30, 2015 at 2:38 AM • Report
BlackRedwood
I think that this author has a lot of potential, I mean, come one, this has awesome love story written all over it: A crush, jealousy, excitement, etc. It's awesome!!!!
Aug. 20, 2015 at 11:38 AM • Report
KittyKat1419
I hate that I'm so jealous of your skill But amazing work anyway Good job--no wonder this got so many comments If you could give me some feedback on my articles let me know what you think!
Jul. 14, 2015 at 8:47 PM • Report
Close