The Need Complex | Teen Ink

The Need Complex

By TheGhostWriter SILVER, Denton, North Carolina
TheGhostWriter SILVER, Denton, North Carolina

Never cruel nor cowardly. Never give up. Never give in.
~The Doctor

I don't need anybody, saying that I need you is like saying I need air even though I hate breathing, or that I need water even though I hate drinking it. Saying I need you is like saying that I need my teachers even though I hate what they teach, or saying I need money even though I hate using it. You can need things and not want them. Need and want are two very different things. If I say I want you I'm saying that I enjoy being around you, I'm saying that you being in my life makes it a better place. If I say I want you I'm saying that you make my life bearable, I'm saying that you're an amazing human being. A need can be something you hate because you need it. A want is something you desire because you don't have it. I don't need anybody at all. I don't need you to help me through hard times or even to bring me good ones. Yet, I do want you. I want you to make me laugh and smile for no reason at all. I want you to support me when I'm about to fall. I want you there by my side through thick and thin because I know, that as long as I want you, you'll always be here to help me win.